Sponsored

Under boost issue after installation of turbosmart edual port bov (NX2 turbo with 19psi wastegate, catted down pipe, borla exhaust, tuned

Trey60f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trey
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost mustang
I installed the turbosmart kompact em dual port vr2 BOV a couple weeks ago and flashed the new tune from my tuner, and as soon as I went to test it out i noticed i couldn’t get past 10psi (i usually run 24psi) so I’ve been in contact with the tuner and he said I probably have a boost leak, but i didn’t have a boost leak before installing it (I was still hitting 24psi). I put the oem back on just until I figure out the issue but I did another run and i couldn’t get past 7psi, I’m at a loss for words, I don’t understand what could be wrong, any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium, 76 Harley shovel, 77 KZ1000
I have read of other having issues with the turbosmart vr2 BOVs venting at steady throttle and high boost situations. I would install the stock BPV and see if the boost returns normal with it. If not, then you have a leak somewhere between the turbo outlet and the intake inlet or throttle body to intake seal.

BD
Sponsored