Turn off Safe & Smart

Brooski1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I bought a low mileage 2022 GT in October based on my must have options (perf. pack, active exhaust, Magneride). It did also have Safe & Smart but I didn't see that having that option would be a big deal. I'm doing a few track days in the near future and would like to turn off Safe & Smart completely. Emergency braking is a big no-no on track. I did a one day track day a couple of weeks ago and remembering every time I start the car to turn each feature off is a pain. Is there a better way to make sure the uneeded Safe & Smart driving aids are positively off? The Safe & Smart module seems to have 2 buttons on it. Do they do anything? The manual is pretty useless. There isn't even a Safe & Smart section in it. Thanks in advance.

IMG_4153.jpg
Sponsored

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
It's in the manual under Driving Aids. "Pre-Collision Assist."

Note: The system turns off when you manually disable AdvanceTracā„¢, or when you select track mode.

OP
OP
Brooski1

Brooski1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It's in the manual under Driving Aids. "Pre-Collision Assist."
Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure my instructor will insist that I not turn off or reduce stability or traction control until I advance out of the novice group so race mode isn't an option, I think.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Idk what that mirror is - mine is completely different. I have a ā€˜22 with the same package and itā€™s set in the digital dash settings. Do you not have digital dash?

OP
OP
Brooski1

Brooski1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Idk what that mirror is - mine is completely different. I have a ā€˜22 with the same package and itā€™s set in the digital dash settings. Do you not have digital dash?
The car is a GT Premium but it does not have the digital dash option. If one of those 2 buttons would turn off the Safe & Smart it would make preparing for a track session a lot easier

Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
The car is a GT Premium but it does not have the digital dash option. If one of those 2 buttons would turn off the Safe & Smart it would make preparing for a track session a lot easier
That is really strange. I wasnā€™t aware you could get a premium without DD. Maybe look through the menu on your dash and see if you can shut it off in advanced-driver assistance. Thatā€™s how I do it on my dash but idk how the normal dash works.

canā€™t help with the buttons unfortunately as Iā€™ve never seen those.

Mossberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP, 2002 Mustang GT
OP
OP
Brooski1

Brooski1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Unbridled5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT
That is really strange. I wasnā€™t aware you could get a premium without DD. Maybe look through the menu on your dash and see if you can shut it off in advanced-driver assistance. Thatā€™s how I do it on my dash but idk how the normal dash works.

canā€™t help with the buttons unfortunately as Iā€™ve never seen those.
400a premium is analog dash
401a premium is digital dash

My mom's 23 GT is a 400a with analog dash.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
a piece of honest, metallic duct tape over the bumper sensor and another piece of heavy tape covering the camera portals in the middle of the windshield should defeat everything by thoroughly blinding it,

OP
OP
Brooski1

Brooski1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
a piece of honest, metallic duct tape over the bumper sensor and another piece of heavy tape covering the camera portals in the middle of the windshield should defeat everything by thoroughly blinding it,
Thanks. I'll give that a try.
Sponsored