Tracking "In Transit"

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
I wish I was "In Transit". Instead, mine looks like this. Yeah, I really don't think they are going to make the estimated delivery...
Screen Shot 2014-10-06 at 11.33.40 PM.jpg

RedFive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - DIB
I wish I was "In Transit". Instead, mine looks like this. Yeah, I really don't think they are going to make the estimated delivery...
I'm in the same boat JoeDogInKC, exact same Cotus status. Have we heard of anyone's being delivered but Cotus not being updated to In Transit? I'm hoping that it has actually been shipped and Cotus simply not been updated. I'm in GA, I wonder if they come by train or truck this far south?

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I think they have to fill rail cars to go to different depots. Lists of logistics involved because I don't think they are moving cars from one rail car to another. They have to stage a group on the ramp, load them up then ship them. At least yours are built

stangt911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Any luck on getting that train car number? I can't remember who the 6g member was that posted about tracking them.
My dealer didn't get back to me yet about the train number ..and to make matters worse the delivery date on Cotus was pushed back to the 29th ..an extra week of wait....not cool...not cool at all

Sponsored

OP
OP
Magnetic15

Magnetic15

Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Magnetic
This is the info I received my my dealer today. I'm hoping the number in front of CSX is trackable. I went to their site but you have to become a member to do anything so I'll work on that. She (dealer) did tell me that the estimated date of arrival 19th-25th is usually wrong and should be here before then. I'll keep everybody updated.
image.jpg

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
Call Touch Trace(1-800-235-2352) and then pick option 1 for railcar information, then follow the prompts, It’ll ask you to speak the railcar initials (letters only) or enter them on the keypad and then the numbers. Next say “done”, and the system will look-up and report the latest location information it has for the railcar.

If a live person picks up, hang up(you are not authorized to use it). your key pad letters are entered like this 3-2, 7-4, 7-4, 9-2 for ESSX E-is the second letter, so it has a 2 after it, S is the 4th letter on the number keypad, and X is the 2nd letter on 9 You will need to enter the carrier first.

Here are terms you might hear!
Departure - Railcar has departed the city listed enroute to next big city along the way.
Arrive In Transit - railcar has arrived city listed
Junction Recieved - railcar has arrived at a junction to be handed off to the next railroad to haul it
Hold or Delayed - self explanatory, could be many reasons. This is usually less than 24 hours
Release from Customer -railcar was released from customer (could be Ford or the receiver at the other end)
Placed Actual - railcar is actually placed at the location it will be unloaded
Bad order - railcar has a mechanical problem and needs repaired (usually less than 48 hour delay)
Bad Order Release - railcar has been repaired and is ready to move again
Arrive Destination - railcar has arrived at its current destination
Pulled from customer - railcar was pulled from the customer's location (Ford or receiver)
Placed Construct - railcar has arrived its final desination but there is not room to unload it yet (will move to placed actual when the room is available)
Storage - railcar has been emptied and is now being moved to storage

Maverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Anyone able to chime in as to how accurate the COTUS ETA is once the car moves to the in transit phase?

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. Mine just went into production yesterday, so I'm wondering how long it will be until it arrives. I need to coordinate selling my current car!

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Call Touch Trace(1-800-235-2352) and then pick option 1 for railcar information, then follow the prompts, It’ll ask you to speak the railcar initials (letters only) or enter them on the keypad and then the numbers. Next say “done”, and the system will look-up and report the latest location information it has for the railcar.

If a live person picks up, hang up(you are not authorized to use it). your key pad letters are entered like this 3-2, 7-4, 7-4, 9-2 for ESSX E-is the second letter, so it has a 2 after it, S is the 4th letter on the number keypad, and X is the 2nd letter on 9 You will need to enter the carrier first.

Here are terms you might hear!
Departure - Railcar has departed the city listed enroute to next big city along the way.
Arrive In Transit - railcar has arrived city listed
Junction Recieved - railcar has arrived at a junction to be handed off to the next railroad to haul it
Hold or Delayed - self explanatory, could be many reasons. This is usually less than 24 hours
Release from Customer -railcar was released from customer (could be Ford or the receiver at the other end)
Placed Actual - railcar is actually placed at the location it will be unloaded
Bad order - railcar has a mechanical problem and needs repaired (usually less than 48 hour delay)
Bad Order Release - railcar has been repaired and is ready to move again
Arrive Destination - railcar has arrived at its current destination
Pulled from customer - railcar was pulled from the customer's location (Ford or receiver)
Placed Construct - railcar has arrived its final desination but there is not room to unload it yet (will move to placed actual when the room is available)
Storage - railcar has been emptied and is now being moved to storage

MC do you know what "status": "Passing Arrival" means?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Magnetic15

Magnetic15

Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Magnetic
Anyone able to chime in as to how accurate the COTUS ETA is once the car moves to the in transit phase?
According to my dealer it's crap and a big thank you to everybody helping on this. Unfortunately I've been working like a dog and have had very little time to look into tracking my car but hey it's on the way. Thanks again:D

Drazen96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fletch
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Got an eta now of October 30-nov 5 for deland Florida TY PP Eco. Hope that's an over estimate I'm itching to drive it

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Tracking all the local cars, all the early builds are still sitting at the plant, all the later ordered dealer stock cars are already in transit or in production.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
I think Ford is just trolling me at this point...
Screen Shot 2014-10-11 at 1.40.34 PM.jpg

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Tracking all the local cars, all the early builds are still sitting at the plant, all the later ordered dealer stock cars are already in transit or in production.
Is it because they can't get to them in the lot? LIFO... Last In, First Out?
Sponsored