TPMS reset?

adeuel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Never had this problem before, and tried to search the forum.

I've swapped from track wheels to OE wheels many times, but have never had the TPMS not switch to the mounted wheels once I drove away.

It doesn't appear to be switching this time.

Swapped back to OE wheels and drove for a while on the expressway and the TPMS is still stuck on the reading from my track wheels. I've checked psi manually and it is not correct.

Anyway to force reset? Nothing in settings or menus that I can find.
Sponsored

stephensatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
You could let it sit with the battery disconnected and that might reset it. TPMS I have found sometimes take a couple of days to change over.

OP
OP
adeuel

adeuel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
You could let it sit with the battery disconnected and that might reset it. TPMS I have found sometimes take a couple of days to change over.
Interesting. I've never had an issue with it flipping over within a few miles of driving and I've switched wheels dozens of times. I'll just keep driving it and see for now.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
There's a little radio (or something) ford device you can use to force a reset which you can pick up on ebay. Or you can swing through the dealership service bay and I bet they can use the tool (they should have one and it takes 30 seconds. I'd be shocked if they tried to charge you).

If you swap wheels a lot its nice to have the tool around I keep one in the garage and one in my track go-bag.

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Never had this problem before, and tried to search the forum.

I've swapped from track wheels to OE wheels many times, but have never had the TPMS not switch to the mounted wheels once I drove away.

It doesn't appear to be switching this time.

Swapped back to OE wheels and drove for a while on the expressway and the TPMS is still stuck on the reading from my track wheels. I've checked psi manually and it is not correct.

Anyway to force reset? Nothing in settings or menus that I can find.
Hey there! Just going through this with my truck.
Swapped to factory 17s from my 22s and when I put them back on, the light came.
I use Ford OEM TPMS, so just had to do a relearn with the tool and it's gone. I'm not sure if it's the same for mustang, but you click the hazards 3 times on/off to initiate the relearn. Hope this helps!

Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Just a word of caution, I used the Ford reset tool on my '17 and after 2 swaps it caused the system to lock up too. Embarrassingly I had to take it to the dealership to reset. They never told me what was wrong so I can't say how the combination made it happen but after that I would just swap the wheels with no learn and be fine as long as the old wheels weren't nearby at startup.

OP
OP
adeuel

adeuel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Just a word of caution, I used the Ford reset tool on my '17 and after 2 swaps it caused the system to lock up too. Embarrassingly I had to take it to the dealership to reset. They never told me what was wrong so I can't say how the combination made it happen but after that I would just swap the wheels with no learn and be fine as long as the old wheels weren't nearby at startup.
That’s part of the problem, I think. My track wheels are in the garage this time, where I usually keep them at the track.
I’ll try parking it outside overnight and see if that helps.
Sponsored