Tower brace for fn gt convertible

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT, 07 Ford Taurus SE, 95 F250 Xlt
We have a 2020 Ecoboost Convert Prem. Installed the Ford Performance Strut Tower Brace Kit (note in the instructions it states "If your car is factory equipped with a steel cowl extension it is the same as Ford Performance steel cowl extension. Removal is not necessary." this is correct as I measured them both with calipers") seems to maybe, to have taken som flex out. Also on this site severial have had problems with shearing off the strut bolts and do not recomend torqueing to the factory spec of 41 lb.ft (55 Nm) IIRC they went with 35 lb.ft (47.45 Nm) if you shold shear them there are repairs on the site just search.

PS I also installed jacking rails which may have helped stiffen the ride.
+1 on the torque spec recommendation. Few of my bolts aren’t torqued to spec because of how sketchy it felt to keep tightening
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I torqued mine to factory spec and didn’t have an issue. I’ve removed it a couple times and always torqued to spec. Always removed the nuts by hand, I wouldn’t hit them with an impact personally.

gvn49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang, 2020 Explorer, 2007 FX4,1985 Mustang
I torqued mine to factory spec and didn’t have an issue. I’ve removed it a couple times and always torqued to spec. Always removed the nuts by hand, I wouldn’t hit them with an impact personally.
Same here but as just reiterating what others have posted about their horror with shearing these bolts.
Sponsored