ticking sound

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
For mine, I noticed it while parked in the garage at idle. When the AC was turned off, it wasn't as loud...so I thought it was the AC. After adding Ceratec, it went away almost completely.

OP
OP

hchf1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang gt 10 speed
BBQ Tick. Mine does it too, just started ironically last week :( Anyway, get you a bottle of Liquimoly Ceratec and pour in it. It does help. You can order on Amazon or get it at an Advance Auto store.
even in drive at 1.5k rpm?

OP
OP

hchf1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang gt 10 speed
For mine, I noticed it while parked in the garage at idle. When the AC was turned off, it wasn't as loud...so I thought it was the AC. After adding Ceratec, it went away almost completely.
what about when you drive slow do you hear it?

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
not really...only in the garage or in a drive-thru line.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
the video the guy has sounds more of a thud then a tick tapping sound mine is more high pitch sounds like a pen clicking
I invite you to search the 1000k of other threads on this subject. This engine makes noises like most modern engines. The famous tick is well known. Mine sounds like that too, you can keep sweating bullets or just enjoy the car. OR add Ceratec. 🤷‍♂️

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
even in drive at 1.5k rpm?
Hear it at idle... I was outside the car and taking pictures and noticed it. I left it running cause its so hot :) .. It is quite rattly at low RPM as well, but has always been that way once its warmed up.

I agree with above, these engines are terribly noisy, just drive it and enjoy.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
What the heck, I’ll pile on too. It’s all normal. Mine didn’t start until after my first oil change. Whatever is in the break in oil that Ford fills it with at the factory keeps it pretty quiet.

I (almost) always have my exhaust in Track mode, so once I get the car moving I can’t hear the tick so I can’t directly answer the question of hearing it at 1,500 rpm.

Ford has stated that it’s normal and given the amount of high mileage coyotes out there without issues, I’d believe them. If you’re worried, buy an extended warranty and fuhgeddaboudit

Mgt2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
That's the bbq tick. Your bbq tick is very slight compared to what others have. No worries:) Mine was present after my last oil change with full synthetic 5W30, and it existed on both sides of the car near the front tires. Once I put on about 1000 to 1500 miles, it went away. I'm sure it will come back again for the next oil change:(
I have the PP2 and it started right after my first oil change. Was told by a friend to use this oil filter then my tick problem was solved.
IMG_1706.jpeg
Sponsored