Steeda H-pipe on the Mach 1

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
What I really enjoy the most is the cold starts now. Sounds loud enough for my ears.
Sponsored

OP
OP
7six2

7six2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
we (forum) castigated Steeda a couple years ago for their total junk clamps. They supposedly revised that SKU (or now charge extra) for items you can get from Amazon.

pity you didn't take sound measurements before and after.
What would be a symptom of bad clamps?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Saggy pipes. The clamp sheet metal was embarrassing thin compared to the industry name parts. Which hardly cost much.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
You won't have any issues—if there were a concern, you would see many threads on the subject given the volume we have sold—install with confidence.

Sponsored

2023EGM1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nico
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1, 2019 Audi S4
You won't have any issues—if there were a concern, you would see many threads on the subject given the volume we have sold—install with confidence.
I used the included clamps, no issues whatsoever, 6 months in.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased the double wall clamps on rock auto when I installed my Steeda h-pipe.
They are the same ones that factory uses to connect to the headers

OP
OP
7six2

7six2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
I've been driving with it for a couple days now. It sounds good for sure. A few more heads are turning. Still I'm using track mode full time because normal is too tame, haha

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
If you want it louder, add the Steeda axle backs and then it is comparable to the Roush exhaust system. The two are almost identical. It is still not obnoxiously loud.

Installed mine on Friday and then took a 250 mile road trip this weekend. Finnish quality of the Steeda H-pipe is impeccable. The sound quality is nearly identical to stock with slightly more burble. Sound volume?... a little bit louder; although I'm kinda disappointed because I expected it to be more aggressive. My impression is that its not a drastic change; but definitely still a few notches louder. Kinda wondering if I would have preferred the X-pipe instead? IDK. All that said though it was worth the money and I have no regrets.

OP
OP
7six2

7six2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
If you want it louder, add the Steeda axle backs and then it is comparable to the Roush exhaust system. The two are almost identical. It is still not obnoxiously loud.
I had Roush axlebacks on my previous '15 GT and liked them a lot; so anything that sounds similar would be a winner. That being said I don't think it would be much more volume over the already impressive Mach 1 stock mufflers; and I'd have to deal with the active exhaust. But thats simply speculation on my part.

Sponsored

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Installed mine on Friday and then took a 250 mile road trip this weekend. Finnish quality of the Steeda H-pipe is impeccable. The sound quality is nearly identical to stock with slightly more burble. Sound volume?... a little bit louder; although I'm kinda disappointed because I expected it to be more aggressive. My impression is that its not a drastic change; but definitely still a few notches louder. Kinda wondering if I would have preferred the X-pipe instead? IDK. All that said though it was worth the money and I have no regrets.
I'm surprised by your assessment of that H-pipe. I found mine to be too aggressive for daily driving so switched back to the factory resonator.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I've been driving with it for a couple days now. It sounds good for sure. A few more heads are turning. Still I'm using track mode full time because normal is too tame, haha
Yessir, make it bark!

gmonty36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mach1 w/HP
With the factory axlebacks, do you experience any drone on the highway? It would be great to have more sound around town and for spirited driving, not to mention tone improvement, but as much road tripping as I do, I don't want to lose the effect of quiet mode when I want to cruise quietly.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
With the factory axlebacks, do you experience any drone on the highway? It would be great to have more sound around town and for spirited driving, not to mention tone improvement, but as much road tripping as I do, I don't want to lose the effect of quiet mode when I want to cruise quietly.
Quiet mode is still quiet. No drone on the highway.

But in any other mode around town the volume was a bit much for me. I found myself shifting early because the 3-5k band was so loud and droney inside the cabin. There was also little to no difference in the other exhaust modes except quiet.

Exhaust is subjective, so your milage may vary. But going back to the factory resinator made city driving much more enjoyable in my car. To me track mode is plently loud if I want it and sounds amazing. Keep in mind the factory mufflers are already loader than a GTs.

So for a daily driver, I wouldnt recommend it. But if it were a track only car I would have kept the H-pipe.

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
Quiet mode is still quiet. No drone on the highway.

But in any other mode around town the volume was a bit much for me. I found myself shifting early because the 3-5k band was so loud and droney inside the cabin. There was also little to no difference in the other exhaust modes except quiet.

Exhaust is subjective, so your milage may vary. But going back to the factory resinator made city driving much more enjoyable in my car. To me track mode is plently loud if I want it and sounds amazing. Keep in mind the factory mufflers are already loader than a GTs.

So for a daily driver, I wouldnt recommend it. But if it were a track only car I would have kept the H-pipe.
I don't daily it anymore, but when I'm on the freeway I like to put back into normal and quiet the drone.

Nothing is like the drone on my kid's F-150 5.4L with an Extreme FX turn down flowmaster.
Sponsored