Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
For those of us who are slightly or overtly obsessive about vehicle detailing we always look for new ways to improve upon our cleaning experience. Like many I can’t stand a dirty looking tire. The brown oxidation, and lack of matte sheen really distract from what might otherwise be a well polished ride.

Enter CarPro Retyre. Other than odorless mineral spirits this is probably the best tire cleaner I’ve ever dealt with. Feel free to watch my following review video showing how well it works on my wife’s extremely dirty minivan tires.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Liked the clip, Brian and, I subscribed. <smile>

I was quite surprised to see how much Retyre lifted the gunk, it was a whole lot more brown than I've seen using Mineral Spirits so I gotta pick up a bottle for the truck tires..thanks.

BTW, after watching, I went to your channel and didn't see the ReTyre clip in the list. Am I missing something?

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Liked the clip, Brian and, I subscribed. <smile>

I was quite surprised to see how much Retyre lifted the gunk, it was a whole lot more brown than I've seen using Mineral Spirits so I gotta pick up a bottle for the truck tires..thanks.

BTW, after watching, I went to your channel and didn't see the ReTyre clip in the list. Am I missing something?
I don’t make any of my videos public.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
For those of us who are slightly or overtly obsessive about vehicle detailing we always look for new ways to improve upon our cleaning experience. Like many I can’t stand a dirty looking tire. The brown oxidation, and lack of matte sheen really distract from what might otherwise be a well polished ride.

Enter CarPro Retyre. Other than odorless mineral spirits this is probably the best tire cleaner I’ve ever dealt with. Feel free to watch my following review video showing how well it works on my wife’s extremely dirty minivan tires.

Hi,

Any shots of the 'dry' tyre after treatment, and does it need a dressing on it afterwards ?

I personally prefer tyres to be just totally matt black, with that new tyre look - I'm hoping this might be my answer :like:

WD :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Hi,

Any shots of the 'dry' tyre after treatment, and does it need a dressing on it afterwards ?

I personally prefer tyres to be just totally matt black, with that new tyre look - I'm hoping this might be my answer :like:

WD :like:
Yes you’d want to apply a dressing after this process. Here’s how the tire looks after cleaning. They’re stripped of all the oils and grime so they look pretty bland. New tires have an oil coating from the manufacturing process that gives them the nice “new” look. This can be replicated with dressing products.

IMG_1385.jpeg

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I love Retyre as well. Just beware it will do a nice job on your hands as well. If I’m doing multiple vehicles with a couple applications per tire I will usually wear gloves.
Yeah I completely forgot to grab some before starting lol

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I think I mentioned in another thread, but I totally forgot I had a bottle of ReTyre. Was hiding on one of my shelves LOL. I wasn’t super impressed with P&S Brake Buster when I used it. I have some Adams left and some Gyeon, once I use that up I’ll give the ReTyre a try.

As for the gloves, I always wear them when washing. keeps the oils from your hands off the clean car 😉.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Yeah I completely forgot to grab some before starting lol
I do exactly the same thing, Brian although sometimes I remember halfway through and I wind up washing my hands and then putting on gloves. Typical. Other times I get busy with the task and about the time my hands are completely hosed with grime, I remember the gloves but by then, it's not worth it. <laughing>

However, on the subject of nitrile gloves, I added a step that makes them much easier to pull on.

I put some baby powder in a small, "squirt" bottle.

1719060931163-pp.png

I blow into the glove to open it up and then I squirt a small amount of the baby powder into the glove, pinch it close, and then I shake it to spread it around inside.

1719061090780-8y.png

The result is a glove that goes on super easily and with no finger sticking.

Sponsored

TeamGomez

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.centripetalsolutions.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'18 350, 996 GT-3, 330 ZHP, E46 M3, SQ5, Tundra
Well now...doesn't this beat all. Went through a couple CP Blackout applications and learned what a PITA it is to get the tires completely oil/residue free. CP's website says to use Multi-X to clean the tires b/f applying Blackout and the Multi-X was basically worthless (these towels are what came off after cleaning with Multi-X and using 100% alcohol). Looks like I'll be getting some ReTyre for the next evolution of tire care sessions; thanks @Evolvd for the video.

IMG_0709.jpeg

I wasn't 100% happy with the Blackout on the wife's Pirellis that are subject to more sun than the garage queens. I'm pretty happy with the two sleds that don't get much Vitamin D; just applied some to my somewhat DD so we'll see how the Blackout holds up on some Michelins. I have found that certain brands of tires look crappy sooner than other brands...wonder if any of y'all experienced same.

TeamGomez

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Dropped an order in for the ReTyre and also going to try the CP DarkSide and Gyeon Q2 Tire sealers to see what works best on those Pirellis adorning the wife's sled.

Here's an inexpensive set of drill brushes ($7) made by Holikme off Amazon that ought to work wonders with the ReTyre. I got the softer white set and firmer yellow set (12 pcs for $14). The yellow brush got a good deal of old dressing off the Michelins last week but that was only using Brake Buster, MultiX and alcohol. Can't wait to spin 'em up with the ReTyre!

IMG_1368.jpeg

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Dropped an order in for the ReTyre and also going to try the CP DarkSide and Gyeon Q2 Tire sealers to see what works best on those Pirellis adorning the wife's sled.

Here's an inexpensive set of drill brushes ($7) made by Holikme off Amazon that ought to work wonders with the ReTyre. I got the softer white set and firmer yellow set (12 pcs for $14). The yellow brush got a good deal of old dressing off the Michelins last week but that was only using Brake Buster, MultiX and alcohol. Can't wait to spin 'em up with the ReTyre!

IMG_1368.jpeg
If you have some mineral spirits (mineral turpentine), that can work wonders at stripping any lingering dressing or gunk. Same applies for Stoner's Tarminator.

TeamGomez

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Quick follow-up after putting some ReTyre on the wife's tyres that I treated with CP BlackOut a mere 9 weeks ago. They looked great after applying the BlackOut, but it didn't take much San Diego sunshine to turn them brown again. Hit 'em with today with ReTyre and holy smokes is that stuff the BOMB! Recall my PITA effort to clean the tires with MultiX and alcohol but this stuff simply melts anything that isn't rubber right off the face of the tire.

I saw how much product was used in the vid and limited myself to two passes around the tire then used a brush to ensure the entire face of the tire was coated. It's as though the ReTyre has a secret ingredient that turns brown upon contact to convince us it's doing its work, but I'm convinced that it was actually all the dried on product that has been applied over the past year (mostly Zaino Tire Dressing and two coats of BlackOut).

I used my drill with the brush pad on it, followed by a coat of BrakeBuster on the wheel and rubber with a light brushing then hit it with CP DarkSide after it dried which laid down much nicer than the BlackOut. We'll see how long it lasts (didn't heat the tire up with a heat gun as recommended for longevity's sake).

IMG_1406.JPG