Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Dammit. Every time I talk myself out of SwissTrax/RaceDeck to go the epoxy route, I see awesome floors like this. Great job, Lorne. I see you picked tile colors that resemble the Shelby colors. Nicely done.
Thanks.... I talked my self out of it many times as well, but just felt that if I didn't do it now I would never get it done. The transformation was worth the price and labor...

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
That is a bummer. I was expecting it to feel like Crocs, lol
Nope. It sucks. The vented tiles look amazing, but if I had to do it again, I’m not sure which route I’d go. Every single floor option has its pluses and minuses. Before deciding, I always tell people you truly have to be honest with yourself about how you use your garage. But the vented Racedeck/swisstrax sure do look amazing.

Since we’re here, might as well add some recent pics…

IMG_9134.jpeg

IMG_8614.jpeg

IMG_8613.jpeg

IMG_9132.jpeg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thanks.... I talked my self out of it many times as well, but just felt that if I didn't do it now I would never get it done. The transformation was worth the price and labor...
I just ordered a couple sample packs from Swiss Trax. The Pro, Pro Smooth and the Diamondtrax. You got me motivated now Lorne 😉

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Ooohhh no! I don’t know if Lorne has done it yet but it sucks. I have the vented RaceDeck and this floor sucks ass barefoot.
yeah, it's the only negative about the floor is walking barefoot on it, but I rarely do that as I have several pair of crocks that I slip on for doing outdoor stuff (taking the dog out, lawn work, etc). I have a plantart wart on my right foot that has been with me forever and that thing is uncomfortable on the swiss trax. If it wasn't for that it would be tolerable for a brief amount of time. Thought about going with the "smooth trax" product, but didn't want to sacrifice the increased height of the tile for dirt and water drainage.
I've heard people say that you can't kneel on it either, but that is the case with the bare garage floor as well. I have multiple kneeling pads that I use.
By the way, next to my Shelby and Bronco the Crocs are my most prized and loved possession. What an invention!!

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Nope. It sucks. The vented tiles look amazing, but if I had to do it again, I’m not sure which route I’d go. Every single floor option has its pluses and minuses. Before deciding, I always tell people you truly have to be honest with yourself about how you use your garage. But the vented Racedeck/swisstrax sure do look amazing.
Have you seen the flat swisstrax. Perfectly comfortable on bare feet. The downside is they short dirt faster than the typical arc’d tiles. A lot of guys use standard tiles for areas the car will be parked on, and flat for the walkways

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Have you seen the flat swisstrax. Perfectly comfortable on bare feet. The downside is they short dirt faster than the typical arc’d tiles. A lot of guys use standard tiles for areas the car will be parked on, and flat for the walkways
yes, swiss trax even makes a rubberized tile for standing areas.
My have to "tweak" mine a bit...

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
My 3 year old grandson was in the garage on father's day. He was sitting on the floor dragging his butt across the swixx trax tiles. "grampa, why is your floor so bumpy?"
He then proceeded to do the butt drag for 2-3 minutes until I finally got him to come in.
Grand kids are so entertaining. I noticed that none of my grand kids complained about the swiss trax and bare feet. Oh to be young again. :giggle:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered a couple sample packs from Swiss Trax. The Pro, Pro Smooth and the Diamondtrax. You got me motivated now Lorne 😉
That's what we do on this forum... help each other spend money ! :like:
The samples were incredibly helpful for me. Seeing the color, texture and trying different layouts with borders, etc..
PLUS.. when I went to do the actual install I used the samples for cutting practice!

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
That's what we do on this forum... help each other spend money ! :like:
The samples were incredibly helpful for me. Seeing the color, texture and trying different layouts with borders, etc..
PLUS.. when I went to do the actual install I used the samples for cutting practice!
Oh great idea using the samples to do practice cuts!

Agreed, the forum is great helping each other spend money 🤭. But, for a lot of us this is our hobby so it’s worth the spend.

FKE SNK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 93 Cobra clone
Nope. It sucks. The vented tiles look amazing, but if I had to do it again, I’m not sure which route I’d go. Every single floor option has its pluses and minuses. Before deciding, I always tell people you truly have to be honest with yourself about how you use your garage.
100% this, I landed on polished concrete. I love it(yes barefoot car washing) but one day when I have cracks in it I will wish I had gone with race deck/swiss trax, etc. The tiles also looks really cool and is presumably the easiest to take care of.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Added some additional signage to the garage including a Bronco Poster for my new horse in the stable.
We also installed an invisible fence to keep our dog contained in the yard.
Decided on a Jurassic Park Theme for the system..
20240621_200518278_iOS.jpg
20240620_161733223_iOS.jpg

20240620_163230696_iOS.jpg
20240620_163240752_iOS.jpg
20240620_163251621_iOS.jpg
20240622_013202153_iOS.jpg