Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have weatherstripping on the top of the headlights to help limit the underhood airflow? That really does help.
Second this with vents. I negated mostly all my hood lift issues.
Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Do you have weatherstripping on the top of the headlights to help limit the underhood airflow? That really does help.
Funny you say that, I saw a 15-17 Mustang on the ride home that I could tell the hood wasn't quite flush, and had this same thought, or even running a thin strip of tape all the way across. Your idea is more re-useable than mine.:thumbsup:

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Rob Dahm talks a little about hood vent placement on his pikes peak build in his latest video and his data bass on discussions with the manufacturers seems to support it being further back than you'd expect and more in line with where the Race Louvers vents are mounted on the 2018+ cars.

Discussion around the 30 minute mark.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Rob Dahm talks a little about hood vent placement on his pikes peak build in his latest video and his data bass on discussions with the manufacturers seems to support it being further back than you'd expect and more in line with where the Race Louvers vents are mounted on the 2018+ cars.

Discussion around the 30 minute mark.

Can you send a pic of something like looking down onto your hood so I can see how your personal ones are cut on the GT350? Your GT4 style vents seem farther back as well...

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Like this. Center vent is about the center of the hood.

20221113_175811.jpg
IMG_2333.jpeg

I kind of see where mine may be 2-inches forward of yours. But that might be because of vent size.
Sponsored