Sponsored

S550 more prone to accidents?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Threads like this really irk me in the fact that it just shows that said poster really just stoops down to the same level.

"GRRRR I DRIVE MUSTANG! GRRR EVERYONE HATES ME! WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO?!"

Get off your high horses people. Drive sensibly and stay safe regardless of your vehicle.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Threads like this really irk me in the fact that it just shows that said poster really just stoops down to the same level.

"GRRRR I DRIVE MUSTANG! GRRR EVERYONE HATES ME! WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO?!"

Get off your high horses people. Drive sensibly and stay safe regardless of your vehicle.
Whoops... :devil:

Everyone here that owns a Mustang rides a horse so...?

au_character_insideout_bio_joy_847d0fd9.jpg

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
its not the mustang, its the people driving nowadays...
i have people pull in front of me, cut me off, speed past me swerving in and out of traffic, and i drive an escape....so no its not the mustang per say.
yes when you are driving the mustang everyone wants to race you or thinks your going to cut them off somehow and they will try and play with you to see how pissed you get...
i had a guy come over on me in the escape, i was laying on the horn for like 20 seconds to let him know i was there....all the while i had to slam on my brakes and he kept going
as if i was invisible. like the one poster said, its all about me, me, me.... if you cant help them get ahead any way possible then you are hindering "their" cause or purpose....

get used to it....it will only get worse!

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
It’s just the same over here in the UK where driving standards have become very poor and in my Mustang they all want to try it on with me

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
The second time I took my GT on a test drive with the salesman and a friend, I pulled onto the highway and within 10 seconds there was someone having road rage issues with me. I don't recall seeing this car until they sped up on my left side (I was in the right lane) and cut in front of me so close that I could almost not see their license plate. They stayed close and flipped me off several times. The three of us in the car had no idea what I did to cause that. We agreed that this person was just having a bad day and didn't want to see a nice car on the road.

I also especially hate people when I need to take the ferry from CT to Long Island NY. Parking on the ferry is close. About 1 foot max away from the next cars bumper and you typically need to turn sideways to walk between cars. People just don't care. Purses, open jackets, zippers, backpacks, whatever. They will rub against your car and not even care. I yelled at some old man who let his laptop bag come off his shoulder and hit my car.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Imagine if it were Ferrari...
Ferrari is just a prancing horse. A Mustang is a fighter! Touce good sir...

An excerpt about Mustangs. Strangely, it's similar to driving on the road these days... :cwl:

Young males, older stallions, and males that simply don't have the size or aggression level to compete for mares, live in small groups of bachelors.

Competition for mares is constant and highly stressful. A stallion must be on continual alert for rivals, and will attempt to ward them off.

Fights are very common and include strikes with the forefeet, kicks with the hindfeet, wrestling, headbutting and vicious biting.

Victors will often down their opponent by rearing up and pushing them over. The loser is vanquished, and injuries are common, including gashes from hooves and teeth, and injured or even broken limbs.

Fighting to the death is rare, but death may occur sometime after the actual battle, from wounds received.

Deleted member 35786

Come to Florida where we have a large population over the age of 65.

Senior Drivers in Florida Cause a High Percentage of the State’s Serious and Fatal Collisions

The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) reports that drivers aged 65 and older were involved in 10 percent of all reported crashes in Florida in 2015, and in 14 collisions in which a fatality occurred. How do those numbers stack up against teen drivers and other young drivers in the state?

As of 2015, teen drivers are still involved in more accidents than older adults, but the numbers are quite close. Teen drivers were involved in about 11 percent of all car accidents in the state—just about one percentage point higher than seniors. Teen fatalities accounted for about 5 percent of all fatal crashes in the state in 2015. Younger drivers between the ages of 20-24 appear to be the least safe drivers in the state. In 2015, drivers in this age group were responsible for more than 13 percent of all collisions in Florida and 14.5 percent of crashes in which a fatality occurred.

https://www.lesserlawfirm.com/are-older-drivers-most-likely-to-cause-car-accidents/

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
The Police are just as bad about talking on cell phones and not paying attention. Almost got rear ended today by an officer in an SUV...talking on his phone.
My son was rear ended by a cop who claimed he was speeding but had no proof. Guess who waited on the highway outside his school for weeks trying to get him on radar.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Insurance rates for my S550 went up 400+ this year due to more claims reported so you could be onto something...

Sponsored

gnatsuM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It is people now a days, but also the Mustang seems to be magnet for muppet drivers. Last 6 yrs I drove a F150, every now and then I'd run across them. Now with the Mustang (same driving habits), every other trip. Big rigs are the worse. For the sake of my sanity I need to move out to the country. Such has been my experience.

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Not noticing a Mustang problem when compared to my other 40+ past vehicles.

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
Cut them off first, problem solved.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Is it just me or does anyone feel like there is a target on your car for other people to hit? Some a-hole cut me off not once, but twice! The second time, I thought she actually hit me, it was that close. I actually had to follow her for a little while to make sure there was no paint or dent on her car. That was my way of checking to make sure my car was fine, since it was a busy street.

Does anyone feel like their new Mustang is always close to getting hit? Like people just don't care?
Its not just you, or even your Mustang. I travel alot during the day for work and I get the same thing in my Escape. Its so bad ( never been worse) that I hate going anywhere anymore. I completely defensive oriented on the road these days. We live in the SF Bay area and things are only going to get worse. My wife is just now starting to understand why I get so worked up as she's just retired and is able to experience it for herself first hand now.

Two near misses a day is about average now.

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I got blamed the other day by a coworker for running a green light.

See, they were coming off a highway exit ramp; about to turn right from their perspective. Yield sign. Raining. Semi looking to turn left from same exit ramp/intersection was stopped due to red. I'm going through the light, in the same direction as my coworker is about to go. I know this intersection quite well; people blow that yield sign ALL THE TIME without checking if anything is coming, or checking and simply not registering that something is coming. Add rain. Add my Mustang is grey. Add it's early morning; just after the time shift. Reminder about the semi. Again, add mixture of morons who blow the yield sign. I'm already covering my brake seeing what is about to unfold; sure enough, here's this pickup that at the last moment slams on their brakes instead of merging to the street I'm on. Now, if they had continued I would *not* have hit them; I was already prepared for them to not bother looking.

Life goes on a few hundred feet, I'm in the parking lot for work and an asshat in a truck damn near clips me while I'm reversing in the spot. Didn't make the connection that it was the same truck. It was close enough I'm probably lost a layer of clearcoat. Aw hell naw! /Triggered! I pull up behind this idiot and watch who gets out; recognize and I go talk to this person. Yep, sure enough, it's my fault I was driving through a green light, not speeding, covering my brake for what looked to be a potential accident waiting to happen...but because they slammed on their brakes, I got back on the gas; they thought I was "flying" and therefore felt entitled to "show me what's up" in the parking lot by damn near clipping me while I'm parking. For the sake of having to work with this person, I apologized for bringing it up inside the building rather than handling it outside. Plus it wasn't HER, but it was her husband, whom she was quite proud of that he handled it like he did. I can't win that argument no matter how much logic I apply - all she has to do is run to HR, say she feels like she's having to deal with a hostile coworker just for having brought it up, and I'm out a job. But, at least I found out what they got all twisted up about; and the lack of logic, reasoning and self-evaluation they possess to consider that perhaps, they simply didn't look and damn near caused an accident; had it not been me, halfway expecting their idiocy...

Way...way...way....too much blaming everyone else for ones own stupidity going on. I was stupid for letting it get to me, is how I look at it. Again, the apology wasn't for what happened/didn't happen, but for that I let it get to me enough to bring something from outside the office to inside the office. Seems to have blown over now - or perhaps she realizes in hindsight she wasn't right either. Most accidents play out that way...and to that, this wasn't even an accident, but nearly as much damage done in terms of social...
Sponsored