Sponsored

Replacing driver oil cooler - oil priming procedure?

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Hey, I’m replacing the driver oil cooler on a 2020, is there a procedure to prime the oil circuit after replacement? On the BMWs there is a process for any time the oil circuit is interrupted, but not sure on the 500. Thanks in advance!

IMG_1818.jpeg
Sponsored

Timbuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550
I don’t know of a procedure , but I just build a sleeved/forged coyote and just removed the fuel injector fuse and hit the start button 10 times and got 30psi Before starting. This would be no different.

NTXChris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
You can do the same by holding the gas pedal to the floor and pressing the start button. This disables the fuel injectors and the starter will spin the motor over for 10 seconds, I believe. Do this a few times until you see the oil pressure gauge move, and you're good.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
You can do the same by holding the gas pedal to the floor and pressing the start button.
Another interesting factoid, Chris. Didn't know this one but I'm gonna use it the next time I do an oil change, thanks for the tip. BTW, is this in the manual? I sure don't remember seeing it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mike Pfeifer

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Another interesting factoid, Chris. Didn't know this one but I'm gonna use it the next time I do an oil change, thanks for the tip. BTW, is this in the manual? I sure don't remember seeing it.
Just make sure you have a robust battery charger attached while doing this, you would be surprised how quickly the cranking speed drops after a few goes at it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I use that trick anytime I do an oil change or if the car has sat for a while. Usually halfway through the third attempt you see about 50psi on the center guage on the dash.

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
It's been an EFI "thing", more or less, since the fox body EEC-IV days. Emulates flooring it, for a flooded carb (not sure if in manual, but bet it is).
Sponsored