Sponsored

Question for GT w/PP

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
Mine does it only when you let the clutch out in neutral and then select first gear.
Sponsored

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
Good thread...I have noticed this and was getting concerned, but now I just need to adapt different driving style...my GT500, does not do this you can put in 1st real easy...

erne75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
Mine does it all the time. Idling at a stop light I shift into 1st and it "thuds". Then I can shift through all gears, while still stopped, and it is smooth and doesnt do it. In normal driving it thuds going from 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th. It doesnt thud 4th to 5th or 5th to 6th or when downshifting. I rev-match all my downshifts so I dont know if that makes a difference...I have noticed that when it is cold the thuds are louder. The thud happens as soon as you grab the next gear, before releasing the clutch...

planedoc

Planedoc
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, DIB, PP
I only have 190 miles on mine, but haven't seen it do that yet.
So far am averaging 20.5 mpg, but that includes 100 miles on the freeway where it showed 27.... The other 90 miles has been romping on it pretty good... Ye haw

Sponsored

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
So you let the clutch out in neutral and then go into first gear with the clutch disengaged?
No sir! Sorry for the confusion, when sitting at a stop with the brakes engaged, I have a tendency to put the car in neutral and take my foot of the clutch during the wait.... when I re-engage the clutch there is a clunk and that is before I put it in 1st. Not really sure why it does this, but I hear/feel the clunk every time I do that.

mag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White GT Prem. w/PP & Redline
No sir! Sorry for the confusion, when sitting at a stop with the brakes engaged, I have a tendency to put the car in neutral and take my foot of the clutch during the wait.... when I re-engage the clutch there is a clunk and that is before I put it in 1st. Not really sure why it does this, but I hear/feel the clunk every time I do that.
I do the same have have noticed this thunk too. I've been trying to work out if it only happens on an incline and is maybe related to the brake assist feature...but nothing conclusive yet.
Sponsored