Question for GT w/PP

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Is anyone experiencing when at a stop... placing the gear in first there is a thud feeling like going in gear? Clutch is all the way to the floor... never experienced that on any mt ever
Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Completely normal for the MT82.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I can't find it but a few others noticed this as well.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
You should only feel it one time. Come to a stop at a red light, put it in first - you'll feel the thud. Shift to second then back to first - completely smooth. This is normal behavior as the internals are still moving when coming to a stop or having just stopped.

OP
OP
Seabee1973

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Ok... cool... thought I was going crazy....lol. I mean I only have 430 miles... learning a new drive style coming from an Audi.. feels weird... used to high revs going through gears... mpg has been shitty...

Sponsored

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Does it only do it when the car is cold, or all the time?

alimustafa23

alimustafa23
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustafa
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT blood red PP
Ok... cool... thought I was going crazy....lol. I mean I only have 430 miles... learning a new drive style coming from an Audi.. feels weird... used to high revs going through gears... mpg has been shitty...
My friend has the same thing going on his 2015 stang and a lot of other people as well. They say it is quite normal for MT-82. Me however, haven't experienced that yet as of 400 miles.

Good MPG numbers won't be achieved until/after a 1000 miles or so, after that you'll see some gains. I am seeing 15MPG avg which is what i expected.

-Mustafa

---------------------------
2015 Blood Red GT w/PP

OP
OP
Seabee1973

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
My friend has the same thing going on his 2015 stang and a lot of other people as well. They say it is quite normal for MT-82. Me however, haven't experienced that yet as of 400 miles.

Good MPG numbers won't be achieved until/after a 1000 miles or so, after that you'll see some gains. I am seeing 15MPG avg which is what i expected.

-Mustafa

---------------------------
2015 Blood Red GT w/PP
Exactly what I am seeing now... only about 80mi and a little over half a tank.

OP
OP
Seabee1973

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Does it only do it when the car is cold, or all the time?
Right now... seems all the time but only going into first from neutral

Niko Chester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP, MT, Race Red
Same thing for me. Thud downshifting from 2nd to 1st, or shifting from neutral to 1st. No other gears do it.

Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I've driven six MT82s, three of which I owned. All experienced this behavior. If it grinds, pops out of gear, won't go into gear at all, or whines exceptionally loudly then I'd be concerned. That being said, you always have the option of taking it to the dealer and see what the service advisor says.

Sometimes that's better than trusting what some stranger on the Internet is saying...

OP
OP
Seabee1973

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
I've driven six MT82s, three of which I owned. All experienced this behavior. If it grinds, pops out of gear, won't go into gear at all, or whines exceptionally loudly then I'd be concerned. That being said, you always have the option of taking it to the dealer and see what the service advisor says.

Sometimes that's better than trusting what some stranger on the Internet is saying...
Shifting is smooth other than my own blunders but never kicking or popping or getting out or hard to get in gear

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Many people on here have complained about this thud, and it seems to do it more with cold tempatures, which would indicate the fluid is maybe too thick when it's cold. Some have suggested different types of fluid would help, but I'd let Ford figure that out. Definitely let the dealer log it so the factory will address the issue.

Rachel from Ford Service on here is also keeping a log. Private message her.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Many people on here have complained about this thud, and it seems to do it more with cold tempatures, ...

Rachel from Ford Service on here is also keeping a log. Private message her.
I appreciate you suggesting me, robb! :D

Same thing for me. Thud downshifting from 2nd to 1st, or shifting from neutral to 1st. No other gears do it.
Right now... seems all the time but only going into first from neutral
Congratulations, Niko Chester and Seabee1973, on picking up your Ponies! :clap2:

Have you mentioned the noise when shifting to your dealer? Please send me a PM with your full names, contact numbers, current mileages, and preferred service dealer; I'll check out my resources.

Rachel
Sponsored