Post pictures of your animals

vinny89gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LaFlamaBlanca
Vehicle(s)
2023 Iconic Silver GT PP
Fred Biscuit....5 year old Greyhound. A big boy at 95lbs....

image0-5.jpeg
I'm not a dog person, but a 95# greyhound has to be huge for that breed, no?

Sponsored

masluck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2023 Shelby American GT
I heard that breed is a couch potato.
Yeah, very much so and very routine oriented. We have adopted Greys for over 25 years. Great dogs, but really benefit from walks or a big yard to buzz around in. We have a horse farm, so he and his sister (another Grey) have plenty of space to run around.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
My poor little boy has been in the wars again.

IMG-8909.jpg

He'd been a little off for a few days, but on Saturday morning he was breathing heavy and panting. So, it was off to the vet, although not our normal vet as they no longer offer afterhours/weekend service after being sold out to a chain. Que an x-ray, then into theater with an obstructed/perforated bowel. Dog's are known to eat just about everything, but cockers instead inhale any food they can get their paws on, no matter what might be around said food. :facepalm:

Surgery went well, he woke up from anesthetic better than most I'm told. But there was some concern about his kidneys and gallbladder. The surgery itself was not an insignificant cost, but to deal with the gallbladder would be more than three times that cost, and I'd have to travel to Melbourne for it.

He spent the weekend at the vet. It breaks my heart leaving him alone, likewise not having him follow me around, meeting me at the door, waiting for his afternoon treat, barking at the front door when the neighbor's cat walks through the garden.

We picked him up early afternoon, bright and happy to see us.

IMG-0562.jpg

In addition to what he should not have ingested, his gallbladder and liver are not great. This could be cancer or in my opinion, the result of a near lifetime on anti-seizure meds. He started having fits at about age 2 or 3, which was horrible to watch. Initially, the meds did nothing, but after changes, he has not had one in the last 5 years. That's not the focus at the moment though, its about making him comfortable and happy and we'll deal with what comes later.

He's an incredibly lucky dog, not everyone could sustain such ongoing medical bills, let alone two major surgeries in the last 4 years. I do wonder if I would ever put myself through such heartache again with another dog, but then I realise how much love and friendship they bring. I don't have children, but I do have a dog that depends on me, and surprisingly, that I depend on too.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
My poor little boy has been in the wars again.

IMG-8909.jpg

He'd been a little off for a few days, but on Saturday morning he was breathing heavy and panting. So, it was off to the vet, although not our normal vet as they no longer offer afterhours/weekend service after being sold out to a chain. Que an x-ray, then into theater with an obstructed/perforated bowel. Dog's are known to eat just about everything, but cockers instead inhale any food they can get their paws on, no matter what might be around said food. :facepalm:

Surgery went well, he woke up from anesthetic better than most I'm told. But there was some concern about his kidneys and gallbladder. The surgery itself was not an insignificant cost, but to deal with the gallbladder would be more than three times that cost, and I'd have to travel to Melbourne for it.

He spent the weekend at the vet. It breaks my heart leaving him alone, likewise not having him follow me around, meeting me at the door, waiting for his afternoon treat, barking at the front door when the neighbor's cat walks through the garden.

We picked him up early afternoon, bright and happy to see us.

IMG-0562.jpg

In addition to what he should not have ingested, his gallbladder and liver are not great. This could be cancer or in my opinion, the result of a near lifetime on anti-seizure meds. He started having fits at about age 2 or 3, which was horrible to watch. Initially, the meds did nothing, but after changes, he has not had one in the last 5 years. That's not the focus at the moment though, its about making him comfortable and happy and we'll deal with what comes later.

He's an incredibly lucky dog, not everyone could sustain such ongoing medical bills, let alone two major surgeries in the last 4 years. I do wonder if I would ever put myself through such heartache again with another dog, but then I realise how much love and friendship they bring. I don't have children, but I do have a dog that depends on me, and surprisingly, that I depend on too.
I’m so sorry to hear that D. I’m so happy that he came through for you and is okay. I agree, I’m flying to Florida next Thursday and I can’t stand to be away from my girl. She will be in a doggy daycare where we trust them and she will be loved but for me it’s almost a distraction from the vacation. So happy he is good.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
One of his favorite pastimes, ripping up the Coles bag...................

IMG-0577.jpg

IMG-0578.jpg

IMG-0582.jpg

He's slowly getting better, today he was out in the garden barking at leaves, which is a good sign actually. Having said that, his age and the operation have made him slower and unsteady on his feet. But he's happy, and that makes me happy.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
My red dobie. Headed to the vet for his second shot of Librela. Month ago he couldnt get up(back legs), thought his days were numbered. He’s had two acl surgeries so I knew the back end problems were coming. The shots have been amazing in result.

IMG_4970.jpeg
Sponsored