Sponsored

P219a and p0300 codes Help

Mudhar17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Hey guys,
I have two codes popping up p216a and p0300 on pending after doing a pull to 130. Car seems down on power. It has a whipple with 1050x injectors and vmp bap on 91+boostane. Someone point me in the right directions for code p216a. Thanks
Sponsored

Chicken hawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt pp
I would start with replacing plugs because you have an imbalance in air and fuel mixture and running boostane has been known to crap out plugs. If that doesn’t help then next change out the upstream bank 1 (passenger)o2 sensor. If code still comes back I would check injectors on bank 1. Plugs and sensor are usually the common issue. After clearing the code drive around calmly (no WOT) see if code comes back. Hope this helps and good luck!

loucas-2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP Grabber Yellow
Disclaimer: This is what AI came up with when I submitted your question. Hopefully it helps. Good luck!

The P216A code indicates a problem with Fuel Injector 5. Here are some steps to troubleshoot it:

1. Check Fuel Injector 5:
    • Inspect the fuel injector itself. It might be faulty or clogged.
    • Ensure proper fuel flow and spray pattern.
  2. Inspect Wiring and Connections:
    • Look for any damaged wires or loose connections related to Fuel Injector 5.
    • Check the harness for open circuits or shorts.
  3. Engine Control Module (ECM):
    • The ECM could be faulty. Consider having it tested or replaced if necessary.
  4. Fuel Pressure and Volume:
    • Verify that the fuel pressure and volume are within specifications.
    • Low fuel pressure can affect injector performance.
  5. Compression Test:
    • Perform a compression test on all cylinders to rule out engine mechanical issues.
  6. Fuel Quality and Additives:
    • Ensure you’re using high-quality fuel.
    • Consider additives like Boostane—but follow recommended ratios.
As for the P0300 code (random/multiple cylinder misfire), it could be related to the same issues. Address the fuel injector problem first, and then reevaluate. If the issue persists, further diagnostics may be needed
Sponsored