Sponsored

P&S Absolute Rinse-less Wash Review

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

Rinse-less washing was never on my radar until I became a member here. I kept seeing others using this wash method, so I began wondering if rinse-less would be a viable option to have in my tool chest. To me, a car was not CLEAN without the use of soap and lot and lots of water. As such, my first attempts at rinse-less included a bottle of Optimum No Rinse and a lot of trepidation. That all changed when I first tried P&S Absolute Rinse-less Wash! Now that Absolute has been on the market for a few years and has had a few runs on the board, I thought it would be worth a rundown.

IMG-6316.jpg

Product Attributes -

While P&S were offering their Epic Water-less wash, they were missing from the rinse-less wash sector. In fact, they were once suggesting their Pearl shampoo would function as a rinse-less, which I don’t think got much traction, and rightfully so. This changed about two years ago when P&S joined the party with a ground-up new rinse-less wash.

Absolute was a co-development with The Rag Company, as such it follows TRC’s preference for polymer rather than surfactant-based rinse-less wash products. The concept here being that the polymers help encapsulate dirt for safe removal, rather than dissolving and emulsifying like a surfactant-based product would. And yes, Absolute will leave behind polymers after use, and no, this won’t alter the characteristic of an LSP.

The biggest advantage P&S Absolute has over the competition is slickness. Now, a product like Carpro ECH20, Gyeon EcoWash or Opti-Coat No Rinse (yellow ONR) would be slicker than Absolute, those products have Si02 and carnauba wax within the formula to provide that effect. On it’s own, Absolute is impressive for what it delivers without laying down some form of “protection” in the process.

IMG-5178.jpg

Product Notes –

Dilution -
P&S Absolute follows the industry standard 256:1 dilution ratio for rinse-less washing. It can also be used for interior cleaning, glass cleaning, clay lubricant, drying aid and as a quick detailer.

Rinse-less Washing – 256:1
Quick Detailer – 64:1
Drying Aid – 64:1
Glass – 256:1
Interior Cleaning – 256:1
Clay Lubricant – 128:1

Mixing – P&S Absolute has a thicker and somewhat gloppy consistency in concentrate form, which led to people shaking the bottle quite vigorously prior to mixing. Anecdotal evidence suggests that this makes it harder to mix into the bucket, the over agitation messing with the polymers. Instead, its recommended to lightly shake/sway the bottle prior to measuring out. I have also noticed warm water helps in this regard too.

IMG-5172.jpg

One criticism of Absolute, for me at least, is that there is no colorant to help display the product in the mixed solution. As such, I tend to be more thorough than usual when mixing a batch, I also miss the visual confirmation that there is actually something in the water, a hang up from my soap and water method. On the flipside to this, the lack of colorant means you won’t stain your wash media.

IMG-5173.jpg

IMG-5177.jpg

Personal Usage Notes -

As mentioned earlier, P&S Absolute is the product that made me comfortable with rinse-less washing. The very first time I used it, I was impressed with the slickness it possessed, both during and after the wash. That and the intoxicating coconut-lime scent. For whatever reason, Absolute just felt “natural”, to the point where it gave me the confidence to try other rinse-less products and lean on the method more than I thought I would.

In my case, I use the multiple towel/Garry Dean method when it comes to rinse-less, but I have also used the foam sponge method as well. And while a drying aid is generally not needed, I do anyway. Speaking of which, the secret sauce when it comes to P&S Absolute is how well it plays with another P&S product, Bead Maker!

IMG_7031.jpg
IMG_6198.jpg

On its own, Absolute is slick. But when teamed with a few light sprays of Bead Maker during the drying process, you would be hard pressed to find a glossier, slicker end result. And while I understand that both products have been over-hyped in the past, you can’t argue with the results. Again, that slickness is like a psychological green light for me in trusting and enjoying rinse-less washing.

IMG_6155.jpg
IMG-5187.jpg
IMG_6161.jpg

Final Thoughts -

P&S Absolute in the grand scheme of things is NOT a game changer as it was hyped during its launch. No doubt there are better cleaning rinse-less products, some are slicker, some are easier to mix. What I like about Absolute though is user experience. It starts with the scent, flows through to the slickness while you wash, then rewards with a glossy and slick finish at the end, something that is amplified when teamed up with Bead Maker.
Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue

Rinse-less washing was never on my radar until I became a member here. I kept seeing others using this wash method, so I began wondering if rinse-less would be a viable option to have in my tool chest. To me, a car was not CLEAN without the use of soap and lot and lots of water. As such, my first attempts at rinse-less included a bottle of Optimum No Rinse and a lot of trepidation. That all changed when I first tried P&S Absolute Rinse-less Wash! Now that Absolute has been on the market for a few years and has had a few runs on the board, I thought it would be worth a rundown.

IMG-6316.jpg

Product Attributes -

While P&S were offering their Epic Water-less wash, they were missing from the rinse-less wash sector. In fact, they were once suggesting their Pearl shampoo would function as a rinse-less, which I don’t think got much traction, and rightfully so. This changed about two years ago when P&S joined the party with a ground-up new rinse-less wash.

Absolute was a co-development with The Rag Company, as such it follows TRC’s preference for polymer rather than surfactant-based rinse-less wash products. The concept here being that the polymers help encapsulate dirt for safe removal, rather than dissolving and emulsifying like a surfactant-based product would. And yes, Absolute will leave behind polymers after use, and no, this won’t alter the characteristic of an LSP.

The biggest advantage P&S Absolute has over the competition is slickness. Now, a product like Carpro ECH20, Gyeon EcoWash or Opti-Coat No Rinse (yellow ONR) would be slicker than Absolute, those products have Si02 and carnauba wax within the formula to provide that effect. On it’s own, Absolute is impressive for what it delivers without laying down some form of “protection” in the process.

IMG-5178.jpg

Product Notes –

Dilution -
P&S Absolute follows the industry standard 256:1 dilution ratio for rinse-less washing. It can also be used for interior cleaning, glass cleaning, clay lubricant, drying aid and as a quick detailer.

Rinse-less Washing – 256:1
Quick Detailer – 64:1
Drying Aid – 64:1
Glass – 256:1
Interior Cleaning – 256:1
Clay Lubricant – 128:1

Mixing – P&S Absolute has a thicker and somewhat gloppy consistency in concentrate form, which led to people shaking the bottle quite vigorously prior to mixing. Anecdotal evidence suggests that this makes it harder to mix into the bucket, the over agitation messing with the polymers. Instead, its recommended to lightly shake/sway the bottle prior to measuring out. I have also noticed warm water helps in this regard too.

IMG-5172.jpg

One criticism of Absolute, for me at least, is that there is no colorant to help display the product in the mixed solution. As such, I tend to be more thorough than usual when mixing a batch, I also miss the visual confirmation that there is actually something in the water, a hang up from my soap and water method. On the flipside to this, the lack of colorant means you won’t stain your wash media.

IMG-5173.jpg

IMG-5177.jpg

Personal Usage Notes -

As mentioned earlier, P&S Absolute is the product that made me comfortable with rinse-less washing. The very first time I used it, I was impressed with the slickness it possessed, both during and after the wash. That and the intoxicating coconut-lime scent. For whatever reason, Absolute just felt “natural”, to the point where it gave me the confidence to try other rinse-less products and lean on the method more than I thought I would.

In my case, I use the multiple towel/Garry Dean method when it comes to rinse-less, but I have also used the foam sponge method as well. And while a drying aid is generally not needed, I do anyway. Speaking of which, the secret sauce when it comes to P&S Absolute is how well it plays with another P&S product, Bead Maker!

IMG_7031.jpg
IMG_6198.jpg

On its own, Absolute is slick. But when teamed with a few light sprays of Bead Maker during the drying process, you would be hard pressed to find a glossier, slicker end result. And while I understand that both products have been over-hyped in the past, you can’t argue with the results. Again, that slickness is like a psychological green light for me in trusting and enjoying rinse-less washing.

IMG_6155.jpg
IMG-5187.jpg
IMG_6161.jpg

Final Thoughts -

P&S Absolute in the grand scheme of things is NOT a game changer as it was hyped during its launch. No doubt there are better cleaning rinse-less products, some are slicker, some are easier to mix. What I like about Absolute though is user experience. It starts with the scent, flows through to the slickness while you wash, then rewards with a glossy and slick finish at the end, something that is amplified when teamed up with Bead Maker.
Good stuff, definitely one of my favorites in my arsenal. I rotate around though as like you said, there are slicker, better products out there now. The consistency is a big hang up for me, it is a little off putting. And the smell is wonderful... Can't wait til you can get your hands on ADS Hero, it is amazing...

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
I will never use a rinseless wash , i get why they exist but if you have a place where you can rinse car with a hose or even bucket why would you ever use it . Would have to be my last and only choice to contemplate using it ever . I have too much paint sympathy

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I will never use a rinseless wash , i get why they exist but if you have a place where you can rinse car with a hose or even bucket why would you ever use it . Would have to be my last and only choice to contemplate using it ever . I have too much paint sympathy
Trust me, I get that sentiment, I was exactly the same and it took me a long time to trust this wash method. I also have a very low threshold as to when I feel comfortable using rinse-less. But if someone as anal as me can make the leap, I think anyone can.

Two aspects draw me to this wash method -

- Sometimes, a full soap/water/bucket wash is not warranted, but I still want to remove that layer of dust or a few bugs after taking the car for a run and before putting the car cover back on. Well, a rinse-less easily and safely deals with that.

- I have two keep-sake cars, ones that I intend on keeping for a long time. In the above situation, I'm limiting the exposure to water, in theory being more preservative rather than dousing the car with water on a frequent basis (ie rust).

It's also important to note that just because the word is "rinse-less", it doesn't mean you can't pre-rinse the car beforehand. The term "rinse-less" refers to not needing to deal with soap residue after cleaning. Also, the term "rinse-less" and "water-less" are different methods, rinse-less still uses water and a product in a bucket, but again, just that a final rinse is not needed.

And I say all of that as someone who will favor a soap/water/bucket wash 90% of the time. For me, rinse-less is just another skill to have at my disposal.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Trust me, I get that sentiment, I was exactly the same and it took me a long time to trust this wash method. I also have a very low threshold as to when I feel comfortable using rinse-less. But if someone as anal as me can make the leap, I think anyone can.

Two aspects draw me to this wash method -

- Sometimes, a full soap/water/bucket wash is not warranted, but I still want to remove that layer of dust or a few bugs after taking the car for a run and before putting the car cover back on. Well, a rinse-less easily and safely deals with that.

- I have two keep-sake cars, ones that I intend on keeping for a long time. In the above situation, I'm limiting the exposure to water, in theory being more preservative rather than dousing the car with water on a frequent basis (ie rust).

It's also important to note that just because the word is "rinse-less", it doesn't mean you can't pre-rinse the car beforehand. The term "rinse-less" refers to not needing to deal with soap residue after cleaning. Also, the term "rinse-less" and "water-less" are different methods, rinse-less still uses water and a product in a bucket, but again, just that a final rinse is not needed.

And I say all of that as someone who will favor a soap/water/bucket wash 90% of the time. For me, rinse-less is just another skill to have at my disposal.
Exactly. I was VERY hesitant to try Rinseless. But now I am completely sold. I do frequently stop and rinse the worst off at a coin spray wash especially in the winter if it's really bad. But average road film Rinseless has no issue tackling.

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I get it trust me. But for a lot of people, apartment dwellers, water shortage areas it is a very nice (and safe) alternative to have. If done properly, Rinseless is just as safe as any bucket wash process. And quicker most of the time. Wheels I still struggle with but paint. Not a problem.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
When I lived in the burbs I had never considered rinseless but where I live now I rely on rain water. During winter there is just not enough of that to keep the tanks full. To top that off I do not as yet have taps in or around my shed where I wash my car. So rinseless has been a boon for a while now. The car never gets really dirty so it is mainly washing off the dust.
Currently working on solutions to fix this. We have 195,000 litre capacity in our tanks and will build this up to 250,000 litres ready for next summer rains . Also I have bought rural piping and pump to feed lots of tap points.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
When I lived in the burbs I had never considered rinseless but where I live now I rely on rain water. During winter there is just not enough of that to keep the tanks full. To top that off I do not as yet have taps in or around my shed where I wash my car. So rinseless has been a boon for a while now. The car never gets really dirty so it is mainly washing off the dust.
Currently working on solutions to fix this. We have 195,000 litre capacity in our tanks and will build this up to 250,000 litres ready for next summer rains . Also I have bought rural piping and pump to feed lots of tap points.
I get why it exists and people have to use it in certain circumstances . I just dont understand people using it when they dont have to . i wash my car with rainwater and the foam production is excellent compared to when i use hard Brisbane tap water , not too mention massively reduced water spotting . I can now give my car a quick wash occasionally when its just dusty and go for a drive to dry it of with next to zero spotting .. Good luck with the rain collection

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I just dont understand people using it when they dont have to .
For me personally, my main reason for using it isn't because of using less water, I am on a city supply. I use it because its a LOT quicker and more efficient for a basic quick wash on a car that isn't totally filthy. For me, doing a full on soap wash is a huge production, getting out all the toys, pressure washer, buckets, foam cannons, soap, etc. Its a 2 hour ordeal to do a proper foam and soap bath and dry properly. An ordeal I do enjoy doing and still do frequently when I have time.

Rinseless however when I am in a hurry, I can fill a bucket with 3 gallons of water and rinseless solution and go over the car paint and a quick brush and wipe of the wheels in about 20 min. I am one of those super OCD types that washes my daily driver sometimes 2-3 times a week. I understand your hesitancy, I was super hesitant at first but once you do it a few times and see how easy and safe it is, it is a valuable skill to have... And I have tried no less than 6 different flavors of rinseless, all excellent products... This is just a few I have on hand currently :)

IMG_1266.jpeg

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
For me personally, my main reason for using it isn't because of using less water, I am on a city supply. I use it because its a LOT quicker and more efficient for a basic quick wash on a car that isn't totally filthy. For me, doing a full on soap wash is a huge production, getting out all the toys, pressure washer, buckets, foam cannons, soap, etc. Its a 2 hour ordeal to do a proper foam and soap bath and dry properly. An ordeal I do enjoy doing and still do frequently when I have time.

Rinseless however when I am in a hurry, I can fill a bucket with 3 gallons of water and rinseless solution and go over the car paint and a quick brush and wipe of the wheels in about 20 min. I am one of those super OCD types that washes my daily driver sometimes 2-3 times a week. I understand your hesitancy, I was super hesitant at first but once you do it a few times and see how easy and safe it is, it is a valuable skill to have... And I have tried no less than 6 different flavors of rinseless, all excellent products... This is just a few I have on hand currently :)

IMG_1266.jpeg
I do a quick maintainence touchless wash when my car is only dusty , water rinse with pressure washer , quick foam and dwell , then a rinse with PW , usually only do this when im of for a drive so do the wind dry . I am lucky enough to have a huge 8m x 8m carport with all my wash gear permanently on hand so its a quick job for me . really only have to pull out the garden hose and wind it back on , everything else just plug and play . i Appreciate the explanation and if/when i go apartment living rinseless might become part of my playbook , but only then .

Sponsored

50ALM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
FYI...
A timely video from TRC on the subject, published yesterday.

The Rag Company said:
For years we’ve had people questioning the safety of rinseless washing.
Does it scratch?
Where does the dirt go?
How dirty is too dirty?
So our goal was to address some questions and explain how rinseless actually works.

There’s many skeptics, but the truth is
this is a safe alternative to soap with less water usage.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
FYI...

Not changing my views at all . If you pre rinse it aint rinseless . All im getting from this is if your car is basically clean a rinseless wash is fine . If my car is basically clean im doing a touchless wash as ive described above . If/when circumstances change i will consider rinseless . but until then this vid changes nothing for me , its not for me atm

I will add i have a basically black car ( dark matter grey ) and for that fact it looks dirty when most cars wouldnt and scratches are multiples more visible i need to be a lot more vigilant on how its cleaned . I spent a lot of time making it as glossy as it is and i am keeping that way

Last edited:

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
FYI...

Two things with this utube. 1. He keeps on refering to organic matter when he is talking about inorganic sand and grit.
2. He puts a grit guard in his wash bucket. I was under the impression that when rinseless washing you do not put used rags back into the bucket but you have clean rags sitting in the solution waiting to be used.
Just finally that is a lot of water/rinseless wash for just one car. I am flat out using 1/4 bucket for the mustang.

50ALM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Not changing my views at all . If you pre rinse it aint rinseless . All im getting from this is if your car is basically clean a rinseless wash is fine . If my car is basically clean im doing a touchless wash as ive described above . If/when circumstances change i will consider rinseless . but until then this vid changes nothing for me , its not for me atm

I will add i have a basically black car ( dark matter grey ) and for that fact it looks dirty when most cars wouldnt and scratches are multiples more visible i need to be a lot more vigilant on how its cleaned . I spent a lot of time making it as glossy as it is and i am keeping that way
Two things with this utube. 1. He keeps on refering to organic matter when he is talking about inorganic sand and grit.
2. He puts a grit guard in his wash bucket. I was under the impression that when rinseless washing you do not put used rags back into the bucket but you have clean rags sitting in the solution waiting to be used.
Just finally that is a lot of water/rinseless wash for just one car. I am flat out using 1/4 bucket for the mustang.
Don't shoot the messenger! :lipssealed:
Sponsored