Sponsored

Outdoor cover for Mach 1

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
Hey folks, whats the cover of choice here? My car is in a safe place outside the house as I am doing some renovation in the garage. Any recommendations for an affordable M1 cover?
Sponsored

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I got the custom covercraft 5-layer softback all climate car cover and have been very happy with it. As near as I can tell, it's the same as a cover that came with a previous GT350 I had, with the stripes and "Shelby" name on it. Read somewhere that Covercraft supplied that cover to Ford. Either way it's been terrific. highly recommend.
Car stays perfectly clean even with heavy rain. I have really been happy with it.

1718712290076-ky.png

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Please forgive my lack of imagination, but what do you do with the cover (especially after it becomes dirty) when it's not on the car?
Thank you.

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I wipe it off before storing. Roll it up and put it in the car's trunk most of the time. If I need the trunk space, the cover goes in the garage or basement. If it's wet and I take it off, I hang it from our gazebo in the back yard to dry. When you roll it up correctly, the outside never touches the under/inside of the cover so dirt doesn't transfer to the side that touches the paint.

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
They can be washed in the wash machine, but so far I only washed it by hand the same way I wash the car with a wash mitt and two buckets (once a year, to get pollen off). Car needs to be clean to put it on.

Ecto1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I have the CarCovers.com "Platinum Shield" Cover for 2 of my cars. I bought a 5-layer Noah fabric cover on the 'stang originally but it didn't hold up outdoors. The CarCovers.com fabric is WAY better.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I went with Covercraft Custom WeatherShield HP, working great for the past 3 years.
It currently has 45% discount to $318 for some colours: https://www.covercraft.com/product/custom-weathershield-hp-car-cover/C-CCHP
Considering this awesome Mach 1 car cover (I own the blue one) is about the same price I would say its not worth it. Quality is superb on this and fits like a glove.

https://accessories.ford.com/mustan...ite-full-vehicle-cover-for-high-wing-models-1

1718730904094-xw.png

OP plus you can get a discount code from Levington Ford Parts for this.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I believe the Ford cover is indoor use only. I also use CoverCraft.
EDIT: DISREGARD seems like its indoor use only, the details are poorly written 😐.

No its outdoor per the details below. Nothing against covercraft but the Ford Cover is super nice.

1718732340879-y1.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Nice catch. Do you have one?
It looks like "low wing" variants (i.e non-HP) are far less resistant according to the info:
https://accessories.ford.com/mustan...ange-full-vehicle-cover-for-low-wing-models-1

I wonder if it is just a glitch in the system, or one of Ford mysteries.
I do have the blue one (high wing) and it feels way too soft to be outdoor now that I think of it.

I think its a typo. It is resistant but they fail to mention on that link if its indoor or outdoor. I got from Levittown Ford and says indoor.

1718739278961-kt.png

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
No its outdoor per the details below. Nothing against covercraft but the Ford Cover is super nice.
If you'll use it outdoors, you'll be disappointed. It's indoor only. The high wing version has wrong description, the low wing version doesn't state anything about rain or snow. The material isn't suitable for outdoors and any owner who bought it will tell you that. They look great, though, and I wish I had a garage that I could use it in.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
If you'll use it outdoors, you'll be disappointed. It's indoor only. The high wing version has wrong description, the low wing version doesn't state anything about rain or snow. The material isn't suitable for outdoors and any owner who bought it will tell you that. They look great, though, and I wish I had a garage that I could use it in.
yeah i explained all that after…..
Sponsored