Sponsored

Our 2015 Mustang Preview Derived From CAD Designs

Leviathan

Threads
Reaction score
Not sure i'm feeling those tail lights. Nothing against the quality of the render but in the design itself. Hopefully they look better in person.
Sponsored

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302

GTsquid

Mister peabody, we need your input. Which, if any, of these other renders are closer? The highland green, the one posted by Rampant, or this latest one?

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
The longest running Mustang body style (fox) did not have a C-scoop unless you count the "vents" in the side skirts of the GT models.
Don't forget the 69-73 Mustangs didn't have a "C Scoop/Hockey Stick" either...

Sponsored

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Dont get me wrong that last image is a sexy car but if it's meant just to wow people at the expense of what we will actually see, that kind of sucks and may leave people disappointed in the end.
This is the kind of aggressive styling I want to see out of the car. The more pronounced hips and shoulders add a great deal to this car. The lines on the hood as well as the grille seen on the front end of the track car all add up to make this a winner in my book. I agree 100% at this point we've seen enough renders in this style that if the 2015 is presented very similarly to the quite plain and vanilla render Chaz made for us is not going to go over well.

The reception for it around the web has been quite poor. Hopefully Ford did their homework.

NRMStand

If you think Ford is still taking notes to change up the design of the 2015 at this stage, I highly doubt it. Maybe for future refreshes, but this one has been well locked in already.

Gabz009

Threads
Reaction score
Does anybody else think that these fog lights look like the old VW CC??

attachment.jpg

[/QUOTE]

GustavoSimoes

Threads
Reaction score
The rear and inside are gorgeous !! Much better ...

But in the front, i dont like so much the hood angle "green picture sideview", I believe if it will be more straight will be better...
And the yellow turn indicator inside the headlight (very ugly) :tsk:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' GT500
If you think Ford is still taking notes to change up the design of the 2015 at this stage, I highly doubt it. Maybe for future refreshes, but this one has been well locked in already.
Having a Garage of Ford products, I bleed Ford Blue, but I am worried. I don't think the days of coming out the box plain and then revamping it play well in the long term.

I don't think the Car in the rendering is "global" material and it won't be great if sales come in way under expectations.

Sponsored

NRMStand

I'm confused about this whole "global" thing some guys are using. It seems a lot of people are worried it won't look like a Mustang (I've heard Accord thrown around even though I disagree). That would play to the global market more, not less. In the end, I believe global sales volume will be pretty modest. The prices that this will sell there are going to ensure these are still fairly niche. Just my opinion.

As for their refresh strategy, you can't assume "plain" will always be worse. Some still prefer the 05-09 look better for example. Sales sort of prove it's not really about that.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' GT500
My interpretation of Global means selling (primarily) in Europe and China.

That puts the Mustang up against 3 series BMW more than Camaros and Challengers.

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
As for their refresh strategy, you can't assume "plain" will always be worse. Some still prefer the 05-09 look better for example. Sales sort of prove it's not really about that.
There was not as much competition during that time either. On top of that, some thought the '10 refresh was not enough of a change, and some hated the rear end, so they held on to the 05-09s.

People that want plain looking cars will buy Camrys and Accords, not Mustangs. A "plain" looking Mustang in a segment with some significantly "styled" cars is not going to be the huge success Ford wants. JMO.

I don't understand why so many people don't understand that most don't want a "plain" Mustang.

Vickstang

Fine work Chazcron! Like the DHG ones especially.

One thing tho,, you guys think the lights will be that spaced apart? If those were window blinds, I always pictured they would be more closed and flatter against the trunk, if that makes any sense.

Anyhow, love the updates, please keep them coming :thumbsup:

NRMStand

There was not as much competition during that time either. On top of that, some thought the '10 refresh was not enough of a change, and some hated the rear end, so they held on to the 05-09s.

People that want plain looking cars will buy Camrys and Accords, not Mustangs. A "plain" looking Mustang in a segment with some significantly "styled" cars is not going to be the huge success Ford wants. JMO.

I don't understand why so many people don't understand that most don't want a "plain" Mustang.
You partially misunderstood what I meant. Based on my own informal anecdotal assessment, I often hear many who say they prefer the 05-09 style (now). I understand about sales and you're right, the Camaro had a big part in that.

Personally I think there is a very thin line between plain and overstyled. It's hard to strike the right balance. I'd rather they give me a nice clean canvas to play with. That's what mods are for.
Sponsored