Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
A car's value doesn't always have a coorilation to it's looks.

I'm old enough to remember everyone and their brother swapping the "4-eye" front ends for the "aero" as they were far more desirable. No one ever swapped the other direction.
It does when they are basically identical otherwise.
Even more coloration when one car is less desirable
when that car should be more desirable in every way but looks.

And yeah, in 1989. Can't give away a 4 eye with an aero nose now.
That is my point. Everyone wanted the "new" back then and
overlooked what is obvious now.

This refresh will only be desirable long term if they make the 2020
REALLY ugly, by continuing the Lexus trend.
Sponsored

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
I'm genuinely excited for the '18MY to come out..

so I can put that sexy aluminum start button and get a quad exhaust on the cheap for my 16'.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market

A vehicle's initial value to the market is set at the cost to produce the product along with many other factors priced into the dealer price. For instance shipping, availability of materials, ford employee pensions, Ford to dealer margins, dealer to consumer margins etc.

It also has to do with how well Ford is managing its fixed costs and at what volume sales figures they are trying to obtain each quarter. Ford could lower its volume goals and sell less per quarter while obtaining higher margin on its vehicles and that would be a positive move for Ford as a company despite the "numbers" appearing to decline.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

No, everyone demolished the 4 eyes. There are far, far, far fewer available today. This isn't a matter of the 4 eye's looking better and thus more valuable. This is a matter of there being far less of supply, thus being more valuable.

PeterPerfect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z3 2.8
The '18MY bashing won't be tolerated for much longer......

Lets hope those order banks open soon :thumbsup:
It's a better version of the s550 :first:. It's not unexpected that owners of the earlier version :doh: feel they need to call the new improved version a hideous carbuncle :headbonk:.

What the venom spitting and gnashing of teeth does tell me is that my choice to wait for the 2018 :love: is justified.

Sponsored

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
No, everyone demolished the 4 eyes. There are far, far, far fewer available today. This isn't a matter of the 4 eye's looking better and thus more valuable. This is a matter of there being far less of supply, thus being more valuable.
There must be demand for the supply curve to matter and vice versa. There could be only one vehicle left on the planet theoretically generating infinite value by your logic but if know one wants to buy the vehicle it is literally worthless not accounting for the salvageable value of course.

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
You guys are entitled to think the RF is ugly. You're also entitled to think that the Lamborghini Muira is too flat or that the wings on that '57 Chevy are too pointy....or that Rembrandt was too heavy on the shading or that Michelangelo's David's proportions just "ruin the whole composition."

:frusty:

Please: Don't post pictures of your spouses/significant others. I am eating lunch.
Maybe it's because your blood sugar is out of whack or something (I'll check back when you're done eating lunch) but you're being a bit of a drama queen, don't you think? You thought the above was an appropriate response to those whose opinions on one car's aesthetics - highly subjective - differ from yours?

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
There must be demand for the supply curve to matter and vice versa. There could be only one vehicle left on the planet theoretically generating infinite value by your logic but if know one wants to buy the vehicle it is literally worthless not accounting for the salvageable value of course.
I can agree to a point. When many cars however start getting low in supply, prices start going up. You can bet your ass if they only made a dozen aero mustangs back in day they would be worth a fortune.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Ok I'll bite as I might be one of the few who apparently "ruin" your fun.

Last I saw this entire site is a Forum. The very definition of which is: a
place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Therefore a discussion and or exchange of opinions is what this whole site is about. Every car show or meet I have ever been to has had discussions (and perhaps poke fun at one another) over what someone likes about one car or another as well as particulars of the years of the same model represented.

I thought we were having a discussion in which we all were having some "fun" agreeing and disagreeing on different points between the new and old S550 body style. but now I see this is one of those discussions of "if you don't think the way I do then you have no voice and go away" because you are "annoying" type of things... :shrug:
I have no problem with discussions about design cues of the facelift and comparisons between the two. Most people will compare which one they like more, even I compare the facelift to the pics of the 15' Mustang I had.

But some people obviously just want to bash the facelift and that is just annoying. Just saying that it's ugly is not something you can discuss, especially when they say the same things over and over again.

Sorry if that came out wrong. :cheers:

Sponsored

Lucky13Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Purple
I spent 2 hours staring at the 2018 20 yards from 3 2017's at the KC auto show. My wife was less than thrilled! To me the 18 looked just as sophisticated and expensive as a lot of the new MB's and BMW's etc at the show.

in contrast, the 17's looked plain jane like they were lacking trim or body lines or something. from the profile they looked like straight bodies carved out of something and entire car pointed slightly upward toward front end.

You need to see it in person and the hood vents don't look cheap. I do think the side body lines are a little behind the rest of the car and should have been updated. Not hating on the current car. :thumbsup:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I spent 2 hours staring at the 2018 20 yards from 3 2017's at the KC auto show. My wife was less than thrilled! To me the 18 looked just as sophisticated and expensive as a lot of the new MB's and BMW's etc at the show.

in contrast, the 17's looked plain jane like they were lacking trim or body lines or something. from the profile they looked like straight bodies carved out of something and entire car pointed slightly upward toward front end.

You need to see it in person and the hood vents don't look cheap. I do think the side body lines are a little behind the rest of the car and should have been updated. Not hating on the current car. :thumbsup:
So now they 18's look more expensive than the 15's and more on-par with BMW's? :doh:

There is nothing like talking yourself into a buy.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
So now they 18's look more expensive than the 15's and more on-par with BMW's? :doh:

There is nothing like talking yourself into a buy.
Getting rid off halogen bulbs and using glossy black paint makes a car look more expensive pretty easy :D

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
My brother told me he saw 3 new Mustangs at the climate lab at Eglin AFB. No photos though, that is a strict no go on base. Guess they are doing some cold weather performance testing of the new engines and electronics.