Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT Fastback, 2014 Focus, 2015 GT DIB
But, ...the thing is... if they do hate you... you probably don't care because their behind you!:headbang:
Yeah, but still. What if it is a copper? He probably will just fine you on the spot!
Sponsored

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
It's all good brother... Peace, love and Mustang bliss... To each his own... I love options. Enjoy the hell out of your Ecoboost!

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
Originally Posted by Dragen
Everytime my idiot neighbor starts his 5.0 at 4am, and wakes the neighborhood and all the pets, and lets it idle for, oh, 30 minutes, and then roars off fast enough to be heard from two miles away, it reminds me why I f-n HATE GT's and some of their d-brain owners.

So, thankfully ford made one with decent out-of-the-box performance, for sensible people, that dont need to show off and over-compensate.

What about the 4cyl cars and owners that do the same thing? How is that any different? Yep, it's not.
True +1. Plenty of smaller engines do the same. No different.

Dissing a car for not being the biggest/loudest engine is sort of like dissing a boxer if he isn't a heavyweight. Each engine is in the Mustang Family-no need to rain on the family. Within the family, each engine is in a class of its own and should be compared to other cars within other families of the same class.
I like the boxer analogy!

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Well, most people would still choose the three main engines though! If there was a hybrid, some people may buy it, but it just wouldn't go with the car.
I think it depends on the hybrid or electric drive system. If the car rockets to 60 in 4 secs well I think it's very much in keeping with the cars personality. I was only saying hybrid, electric etc because if the Mustang is to last another 50 (or 51) years, well those are going to be options or eventually the only drive systems available in the long term. :ford: :headbang:

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Everytime my idiot neighbor starts his 5.0 at 4am, and wakes the neighborhood and all the pets, and lets it idle for, oh, 30 minutes, and then roars off fast enough to be heard from two miles away, it reminds me why I f-n HATE GT's and some of their d-brain owners.

So, thankfully ford made one with decent out-of-the-box performance, for sensible people, that dont need to show off and over-compensate.

Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
I'm starting to find it a bit hilarious that a few (not all) V6 and Ecoboost owners need to justify their purchase to a few (not all) of the GT buyers...

I've noticed that it goes pretty much both ways. Big brother picks on little brother, so little brother defends himself. Other times I've seen little brother poke and prod at big brother. When you're part of a family little bickering spats are inevitable, especially if one disparages another. The funny thing is that each car is one hell of a nice ride. Fun to drive and gorgeous to look at.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I've noticed that it goes pretty much both ways. Big brother picks on little brother, so little brother defends himself. Other times I've seen little brother poke and prod at big brother. When you're part of a family little bickering spats are inevitable, especially if one disparages another. The funny thing is that each car is one hell of a nice ride. Fun to drive and gorgeous to look at.
Once again I agree! These cars have the options they do so that all kinds of people can buy them. So it's only a good thing in my opinion! We may squabble about engines or HP or whatever, but at the end of the day we're all Mustang Drivers- and that's a pretty special thing in my book!

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
But you're not 'a real man' if you don't have a V8 under the hood! Even if you are female!

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium

I totally feel you about obnoxious car owners.:rant:I live right smack next to the only entrance/exit (the "throat") to our tourist town - about 1/4 mile from where the highway literally ends/begins (our neighborhood is forever asking the city for a giant noise barrier) and there is nothing worse than some fool punching it the second the final light turns green at the throat in the wee hours on a work night. :frusty: (This goes for those outrageous-sounding motorcycles, too. Really, must you?) Our houses can be seen from the throat, so drivers must be aware people actually live in them, yes? Can't wait another 20 seconds or so before letting loose by the ramp? Whenever I am at a car meet and hear someone rev up their engine super loud, I am reminded of the numerous times I am awakened by the roar :( .

I own the GT and creep out of the garage at 5:30am. The only obnoxious noise you would hear from my car (hopefully not for too much longer, according to Ford!) is the insane and embarrassing front brake squeal, which I try hard to keep at a minimum. Unfortunately that is beyond by control. :headbonk: (I've already apologized to the closest neighbor but she says she doesn't hear it.)

Sponsored

Anvil3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 6MT DIB
I'm an import guy at heart but Ive always liked mustangs, I ran 9s in my 750awhp 2g eagle talon, had a 400rwhp 93 mr2 turbo, 600hp lexus etc. But I got into my first mustang in 2013 with a gt, now I love my 15 premium pp (thank god for irs) I go by legacy. The mustang means nothing to me without a v8. You could put a dodge v10 in there and I wouldn't buy it strictly because it was not made famous over the years from another engine other than the 8. All the v6, ecoboost guys to me want to ride the band wagon of the American sports car and simply can't. Ive heard all the excuses but in the end it is about total cost and affordability.

Look at the guys with the huge 70k trucks lifted with tires that can crush a smart car. Those guys laugh in the face of high gas prices. They are on their own level and could care less about mpg or aerodynamics. I'd like to think us modded coyote,/gt500 etc guys are the same in our own way. If I own a mustang it's only going to be a v8.
Oh, please, stop.

If you want a V8, no one will argue with that. But I find it strange that you deride others who don't subscribe to your rigid thinking about what kind of car one should own. Worse, your condescending assumptions about what kind of person drives something other than a V8.

Sounds like you're more concerned with what you think other people believe is a true Mustang.

"Legacy...American sportscar...excuses...it's about price and affordability...us modded Coyote/GT 500 guys...blah, blah, blah"

So, I guess by your reasoning and your car preference, I should assume that you're one of the hordes of a$$hats that blast around in a straight line, drive up other people's tails, or weave in and out of traffic like an antisocial d#ckhead, but can't actually drive worth a damn?

See, that kind of thinking cuts both ways.

I can assure you that I can afford a car that's far more expensive than the one I bought. In fact, I bought the car that best balanced both my wants and needs.

Never thought I'd see so many snobs on a Mustang board.

Last edited:

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I'm an import guy at heart but Ive always liked mustangs, I ran 9s in my 750awhp 2g eagle talon, had a 400rwhp 93 mr2 turbo, 600hp lexus etc. But I got into my first mustang in 2013 with a gt, now I love my 15 premium pp (thank god for irs) I go by legacy. The mustang means nothing to me without a v8. You could put a dodge v10 in there and I wouldn't buy it strictly because it was not made famous over the years from another engine other than the 8. All the v6, ecoboost guys to me want to ride the band wagon of the American sports car and simply can't. Ive heard all the excuses but in the end it is about total cost and affordability.

Look at the guys with the huge 70k trucks lifted with tires that can crush a smart car. Those guys laugh in the face of high gas prices. They are on their own level and could care less about mpg or aerodynamics. I'd like to think us modded coyote,/gt500 etc guys are the same in our own way. If I own a mustang it's only going to be a v8.
That's great that you have what you want, but once again there's no need yo disparage others for their choices. There are probably three or more times the number of V6 and 4cylinder Mustangs produced than the V8 models over the last 50 years. There would be no Mustang without those base engines providing fun and style to people who for what ever reason, didn't get a V8. There'd be no GTs or Mach 1s, Boss 302's , etc. without the masses buying the "entry level" cars. So to say that only the GT is what you care about is fine but just understand that this car would've went the way of the Dodo a long time ago without ALL the cars that were bought. :ford:

MadKaw

Meat Puppet
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brand-X
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt Highland Green
For what I got my Premium Ecoboost PP for, I could've had a V8. Didn't want one. Doesn't mean I don't appreciate them, just want what I wanted this time. My last mustang was a V8, but I wanted the turbo this time and am excited about the potential. Wish they had put that F150 V6 Ecobeast in it. ..but I'm going to have fun with it anyway. Still though, if they build one with the AWD system coming in the rs, I'm trading it in ;)

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT Fastback, 2014 Focus, 2015 GT DIB
But you're not 'a real man' if you don't have a V8 under the hood! Even if you are female!
Yeah you say that and then when you go to buy the GT, BAM! You can't afford it!

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Status
Not open for further replies.