Sponsored

New SVT GT350 Mustang (S550) Undresses at Nurburgring (Now With VIDEOS)!

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
It's between a C7 Z51 or a GT350 for me. Can't wait to own an American car regardless.
Sponsored

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
We've just uploaded this extended cut video, fresh from track testing today at the Nurburgring! Enjoy.

Dam, no sound at work!!:mad:

That car looks like it is moving!! Are there similar videos of the Z/28 or GT500 at the 'Ring we can compare these with or something?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
[ame] - Here is a quick snippet of the Z28. You can hear the tires get loose as well.

here is a full ring run of the Z28:
[ame]

Leviathan

Threads
Reaction score
Man that thing sounds wicked! Looks very flat through the turns and quick as hell

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
Considering how wrong they are on that, it is really sheer luck that they are right about the FPC probably just because its been repeated so many times by different media outlets. I dont know where that speculation started but it is one of the few times those rumors were right.
I'm surprised more attention hasn't been given to this comment.

Sponsored

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Listening to the sound of the engine on the last video, it sounds very NA sound than a FI sound. The time that is taking to rev up is very much NA rev time than F/I rev time. I've had NA V8, SC V8 and TT V8 and each has it's own Rev sound of it's own. That car sounds a NA. If yes, I give it around 500HP to the crank.
Anyone agrees?

c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
That Z28 doesn't even sound close to as good as the S550, but camera/microphones may be the culprit. We'll just have to see. It sure didn't look like the Z28 was being as aggressive around the turns as the Mustang, either. One thing i noticed with the GT350 (or whatever it's going to be called) is that it wasn't being shifted very much, if even at all. SHE'S GOT SOME TORQUE!

my03mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST
I'm surprised more attention hasn't been given to this comment.
Ya, me to! I expected a big reaction. I really can't wait for this car.

This 458 Speciale has Sport Cups for reference. Supposed to be awesome tires but not in the rain. Maybe Pilot Super Sports for a non track pack model and sport cups for the track version? I believe we saw MPSS on some prototypes awhile back.

That last video was great, love that sound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' GT500
C&D

After reading their article, I was surprised they are really sticking to their guns that the 5.8 Trinity is coming back in a GT500.

:shrug:

Sponsored

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
sounds great, looks really stable almost no brake dive, thing should be a monster

interesting tho no sign of the other prototype in that video....

Also anyone see how far the wheel bolts protrude past the hub, im guessing we wont be seeing any kind of a dish design, definitely something where the wheel has a more flush appearance with the fender

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Also anyone see how far the wheel bolts protrude past the hub, im guessing we wont be seeing any kind of a dish design, definitely something where the wheel has a more flush appearance with the fender

Extended wheel studs are a requirement in many racing organizations. Possible they were just using top hardware for the 'Ring to ensure no failures.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
I hope the GT PP suspension package is close to what's in that thing, cuz that looks like a fun fun drive.