New Caroline Car Modification Bill

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
This has been law in IL for as long as I've been driving. The catch is, that no one obeys the laws.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
If they want to make a bill to get rid of squat trucks due to safety concerns that’s all fine, but they need to have a more solid way of measuring it (IE measured headlight angle)
How about when the bumper can take off your roof? :giggle: Seriously, we already have bumper laws. They just need to be enforced. Police can and do ticket these geniuses but they still get away with it.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
How about when the bumper can take off your roof? :giggle: Seriously, we already have bumper laws. They just need to be enforced. Police can and do ticket these geniuses but they still get away with it.
Because everyone's daddy knows a judge in smalltown USA. Lol.

OP
OP

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT
I’m aware we already have bumper laws. Again, my gripe is the way they are measuring to enforce this law. There’s enough variance involved in the current way they want to do it that it creates more leeway for some trucks vs others. If they want a solid bill, they need a reliable way of measuring it (like I said before, measured headlight angle or something else). If it can’t reliably be measured, then it can’t reliably be enforced

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The way they're measuring it is fine.

Front and rear measurements are to be measured and compared against the manufacturer's specified ride heights.

Norm

OP
OP

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT
The way they're measuring it is fine.

Front and rear measurements are to be measured and compared against the manufacturer's specified ride heights.

Norm
And I know that some manufacturer's go off the bumpers so what happens if someone changes to a different bumper that changes the measurement?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Bumper height measurements may be given, but ride heights are really measured at the suspensions for suspension geometry and alignment reasons.

In any case, burden of proof would fall on the individual who switched bumpers to prove that if the OE bumpers were still in place that the truck would pass.

Norm

ReceRed5.0_I.T.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Willis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This has been law in IL for as long as I've been driving. The catch is, that no one obeys the laws.
LOL like alot of us dont obey the exhaust laws.. Damn i hate the Carolina Squat...
Sponsored