Sponsored

Pws6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So if it's for half a dozen pro tuners, what's the point of advertising it here?
Yeah in this thread alone I went to kinda excited about having a cool new tuning device to play with based off their website to now I don't even understand what the point of it is or who can tune with it

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
So if it's for half a dozen pro tuners, what's the point of advertising it here?
Yeah in this thread alone I went to kinda excited about having a cool new tuning device to play with based off their website to now I don't even understand what the point of it is or who can tune with it
for this platform currently

JPT
PBD
Ortiz
OZ
Shoemaker
Wengerd

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
JPT
PBD
Ortiz
OZ
Shoemaker
Wengerd
Ok but several of the above are long time hpt or sct shops. A tune is a tune is a tune. And they will be brand new at using winOLS I would assume.

Is there some huge deficiency that a straitup binhex editor let's them do that their hands were previously tied? Are they able to change stuff that will unleash 10pct gain beyond all others?

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I mean... maybe there is something really cool about it, but so far I see a chatgpt generated description with all that "game changing industry awakening" stuff, and a couple of screenshots of something that any bluetooth dongle and obd2 app can already do. Added convenience of a dedicated device is great, maybe that's the key feature.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Which is like programming in assembly instead of C. Given how fantastically wrong even established players like HP are in some of their reverse-engineered maps, why would anyone use this method of "blind" spelunking instead of the handful of established entities?

https://www.hpacademy.com/technical-articles/what-is-winols-can-it-tune-any-car/

If I was a tuner I doubt I'd have any interest in engaging this level of toolset. Tuning is dying/dead. It's all over except for the crying.
Surprisingly(or maybe not), the guy down the street from me with the dyno that I believe you and I briefly discussed a few years ago, tunes this way. He doesn't tune Coyote, though.

ZeroAviation

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2014 Mustang GT
I mean... maybe there is something really cool about it, but so far I see a chatgpt generated description with all that "game changing industry awakening" stuff, and a couple of screenshots of something that any bluetooth dongle and obd2 app can already do. Added convenience of a dedicated device is great, maybe that's the key feature.
Show me a single Bluetooth dongle and obd2 app that can flash an 18+ car in 60 seconds.

Doesn't exist... So you can't compare.

Most of the technology is patent pending, so yeah, I would say game changing :)

Last edited:

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Show me a single Bluetooth dongle and obd2 app that can flash an 18+ car in 60 seconds.

I go by what's written in the first post. Maybe if you guys have privided more meaningful description, you wouldn't need to get defensive.

Sponsored

ZeroAviation

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I go by what's written in the first post. Maybe if you guys have privided more meaningful description, you wouldn't need to get defensive.
Not defensive at all. Just providing as much information as I can.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Seems like it might be 10 years too late. Unless the EPA is reigned in tuning is going the way of buggy whips.

399 price point would be nicer if only to use it for gauges.

ZeroAviation

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems like it might be 10 years too late. Unless the EPA is reigned in tuning is going the way of buggy whips.

399 price point would be nicer if only to use it for gauges.
I don't personally think that tuning itself is going anywhere soon.

I guess only time will tell. 73s

Pws6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

Are you part of this company? Can you explain why tuners are using win ols for this and not pcmtec as advertised? I'd be pissed if I bought this and then found out the only option is win ols...
Sponsored