Sponsored

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
I tried to watch the video explaining it but it was only 2 guys talking. Was hoping to see the actual product. Unless I missed something. Someone explain to me how this is better than hpt or PCMtec?
Sponsored

Pws6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I tried to watch the video explaining it but it was only 2 guys talking. Was hoping to see the actual product. Unless I missed something. Someone explain to me how this is better than hpt or PCMtec?
You should be comparing to the RTD or SCT X4, it is not a tuning software. This device uses PCMTEC from what I can gather. It seems to be a much better ngauge

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
You should be comparing to the RTD or SCT X4, it is not a tuning software. This device uses PCMTEC from what I can gather. It seems to be a much better ngauge
ok that makes much more sense thank you. So its the new and improved ngauge.

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
does not currently use PCM tech

Tuners using this device currently are going to be advanced tuners that use win ols and are not classic copy / paste tuners.

Sponsored

Pws6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
does not currently use PCM tech

Tuners using this device currently are going to be advanced tuners that use win ols and are not classic copy / paste tuners.
Interesting, they sure are pushing PCMTec all over their website

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Is this locked to Ford? If I use a bin editor like win ols, can I tune and flash my Son's scion?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Tuners using this device currently are going to be advanced tuners that use win ols
Which is like programming in assembly instead of C. Given how fantastically wrong even established players like HP are in some of their reverse-engineered maps, why would anyone use this method of "blind" spelunking instead of the handful of established entities?

https://www.hpacademy.com/technical-articles/what-is-winols-can-it-tune-any-car/

If I was a tuner I doubt I'd have any interest in engaging this level of toolset. Tuning is dying/dead. It's all over except for the crying.

Last edited:

Pws6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Which is like programming in assembly instead of C. Given how fantastically wrong even established players like HP are in some of their reverse-engineered maps, why would anyone use this method of "blind" spelunking instead of the handful of established entities?

https://www.hpacademy.com/technical-articles/what-is-winols-can-it-tune-any-car/

If I was a tuner I doubt I'd have any interest in engaging this level of toolset. Tuning is dying/dead. It's all.done except for the crying.
Seems very weird, like I said every other sentence on their webpage is that PCMTec is their primary tuning software but then we read here that they don't even support it yet. Not even a mention of using win ols

very odd

IMG_0943.jpeg

Sponsored

ZeroAviation

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2014 Mustang GT
....or instead of buying a redundant piece of tech, they could be doing this as an Android app with a USB-C to OBD2 cable. 100% chance this device runs Android, anyway.
Actually... It's a 0% chance... :)

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Actually... It's a 0% chance... :)
Great so it's winCE? That just makes.me wince in pain. 😀

I'm curious what the business pitch was. That list of supported vehicles out of the gate are already tuned AGES ago. What's the take rate? 0.5% if that? How are they reasonably expecting to find new customers? Are they really thinking there are conquests to be had?

Last edited:

ZeroAviation

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2014 Mustang GT
WinCE? You're just being funny or way out of tune with modern technology 😅

Avid has sold out of its first batch, so I would estimate the take rate is higher than you wish it was 🙂

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
WinCE? You're just being funny or way out of tune with modern technology 😅
it was a joke. CE was killed off what, 10 years ago? After M$ promised it would rule the world!

Good on Avid selling out their first batch of ?1000? devices? Problem is, is there any more runway left?

We'll see.
Sponsored