Shelbeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAJ
Vehicle(s)
GT500, MME-GT, BMW X-1
????? Voodoo RPMs?

Are you saying you wouldnā€™t tune a 350? If so, why?
With the history of limp mode. I think itā€™s already great. SC a no go from what Iā€™ve seen. best set up Iā€™ve seen is a twin turbo.

Last edited:

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
....or instead of buying a redundant piece of tech, they could be doing this as an Android app with a USB-C to OBD2 cable. 100% chance this device runs Android, anyway.

Sponsored

Pws6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
....or instead of buying a redundant piece of tech, they could be doing this as an Android app with a USB-C to OBD2 cable. 100% chance this device runs Android, anyway.
I don't think you fully understand all the functions of this device

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Anything that can be done through OBD2 can be done on an Android app. The tuners are just choosing to lock you in with hardware.

Pws6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Anything that can be done through OBD2 can be done on an Android app. The tuners are just choosing to lock you in with hardware.
And I guess just nobody has decided to make this app? Wonder why...guess they don't like money

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
And I guess just nobody has decided to make this app? Wonder why...guess they don't like money
Ridiculous comment. The clear reason is that they want to hardware lock the devices to the cars, which literally is to ensure that they make money (and that no one uses a tune on multiple cars without paying for it). Again, there's a 99-100% chance that this device actually runs ANDROID, in a dedicated device. They don't write new operating systems for things like this. If not Android, it's some version of Linux, which Android is also based on...

Again, the reason for a dedicated device is for hardware locking the device to the car. You don't have to agree for me to be right.

Pws6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ridiculous comment. The clear reason is that they want to hardware lock the devices to the cars, which literally is to ensure that they make money (and that no one uses a tune on multiple cars without paying for it). Again, there's a 99-100% chance that this device actually runs ANDROID, in a dedicated device. They don't write new operating systems for things like this. If not Android, it's some version of Linux, which Android is also based on...

Again, the reason for a dedicated device is for hardware locking the device to the car. You don't have to agree for me to be right.
Nobody is claiming it's a different operating system, but your phone is not capable of writing to your car, which is the issue here

Sponsored

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Nobody is claiming it's a different operating system, but your phone is not capable of writing to your car, which is the issue here
There are plenty of Android phone apps that write to the car... The choice to not use for programming is due to hardware locks, nothing more. Even a cheap laptop with Forscan and a $20 eBay cable can write to the car. Think it through. Perhaps you're confusing the hardware limitations of Apple iPhones, which would be prevented from doing it by Apple, not be hardware limitations, actually.

Just a quick search on the Google Play Store... if one app can do it, any app developer can do it. Again, reason for a dedicated device is hardware locks.... but that cost is transmitted ENTIRELY to the consumer. This benefits only the tuners, not in any way the customer.
ecu programmer screenshot.jpg

Last edited:

Pws6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
There are plenty of Android phone apps that write to the car... The choice to not use for programming is due to hardware locks, nothing more. Even a cheap laptop with Forscan and a $20 eBay cable can write to the car. Think it through. Perhaps you're confusing the hardware limitations of Apple iPhones, which would be prevented from doing it by Apple, not be hardware limitations, actually.

Just a quick search on the Google Play Store... if one app can do it, any app developer can do it. Again, reason for a dedicated device is hardware locks.... but that cost is transmitted ENTIRELY to the consumer. This benefits only the tuners, not in any way the customer.
ecu programmer screenshot.jpg
That app will not write to a mustang, which is what we all drive

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

this device is not locked to any car. Additional licenses are 125 but you could have 10 cars and you still only have to buy the device one time and $125 isnā€™t that much for a license

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
this device is not locked to any car. Additional licenses are 125 but you could have 10 cars and you still only have to buy the device one time and $125 isnā€™t that much for a license
$125 to add a '1' to the count of ECU serial numbers?

That doesn't get you a tune too, right?

I found the selling point that people look at their tuning device, just hilarious. I have any number of apps on my phone that let me scrape and display PIDs.

That I don't have to keep buying Sct BDX devices for each vehicle and having them forever married, is an improvement, sure.

But who are these guys and they show up out of left field. Is their tooling any good? sct and HP have been at this for decades. Yeah their apps are pretty crusty.

$600 for an $80 fondle-slab is a bit much.

150 for an app. +40 for additional auto is more like it.
Sponsored