2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Who's car is this getting amazing engine rebuild?

Sponsored

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Hard to listen to, I think I got to the 3rd time he said ‘ead, then turned off lol What’s wrong with the letter ‘H’ :giggle:

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Hard to listen to, I think I got to the 3rd time he said ‘ead, then turned off lol What’s wrong with the letter ‘H’ :giggle:
D is a great guy, he tuned my car.

RoryS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
18 plate pre-FL Ruby Red GT
I saw this video, seems a bit odd to remove the oil squirters in my opinion. Surely the extra cooling would offer more protection for the pistons, which in a big power build I would've thought is ideal? He said it was a potential failure point but they're literally little metal tubes, you'd have to get seriously unlucky for one to break. The running in process seems a bit unusual as well, if it works it works but I'm not sure I'd want to do full power tuning and dyno runs on an engine that's only had 45 minutes of run-in time on a dyno. You see things like the C8 Corvette that raises the redline as you go past X amount of miles and deliberately keeps it low for the first few hundred to run the engine in. If it works it works, it just seems to go against what most manufacturers request on new cars and they've got vast R&D budgets and test facilities, I doubt they'd do things like that without a good reason. Would be interested to hear what other engine builders prefer to do with a freshly built engine🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I saw this video, seems a bit odd to remove the oil squirters in my opinion. Surely the extra cooling would offer more protection for the pistons, which in a big power build I would've thought is ideal? He said it was a potential failure point but they're literally little metal tubes, you'd have to get seriously unlucky for one to break. The running in process seems a bit unusual as well, if it works it works but I'm not sure I'd want to do full power tuning and dyno runs on an engine that's only had 45 minutes of run-in time on a dyno. You see things like the C8 Corvette that raises the redline as you go past X amount of miles and deliberately keeps it low for the first few hundred to run the engine in. If it works it works, it just seems to go against what most manufacturers request on new cars and they've got vast R&D budgets and test facilities, I doubt they'd do things like that without a good reason. Would be interested to hear what other engine builders prefer to do with a freshly built engine🤷‍♂️
Good questions. I always thought the manufacturer break-in periods were way overly cautious. But I'm not sure. I suppose the motor in the video is a big step up from the standard Coyote 🐺 as well.

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Good questions. I always thought the manufacturer break-in periods were way overly cautious. But I'm not sure. I suppose the motor in the video is a big step up from the standard Coyote 🐺 as well.
OEMs warranty an engine for 60k miles or 5yr? Your avg tuner likely 3mnths and if it's a big power motor, zero warranty.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
... appreciate OP posting up this video. Really enjoyed watching it start to finish. I am no pro, or even have a right to offer an opinion here, but an OEM oil squirter I'd ask to keep in my engine build.

Last edited:

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
... appreciate OP posting up this video. Really enjoyed watching it start to finish. I am no pro, or even have a right to offer an opinion here, but and OEM oil squirter I'd ask to keep in my engine build.
100percent keep the oil squirters, could not agree more

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
personally - having been to MAP loads and loads of times for both of my S550s - for servicing, mods and yes - tuning...
I would never question anything these guys do with the S550. - especially Denton (aka D)

- they are probably one of the most proficient and massively experienced car/engine tuners, modifiers and vehicle servicers in the UK .
BTW - A Yorkshire accent is no reason to disrespect someone and has no bearing on the massive skillset of these people!
Sponsored