planedoc

Planedoc
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, DIB, PP
Catbacks from Borla or Bassani also included an x-pipe and even then the gains were 15hp max. '11-14 GT's had individual resonators in the overaxle pipes that were quite restrictive from a visible perspective, but removing them still only showed minimal gains.

I'm not believing either Maggy or Gibson with these graphs, not to mention the graph only going to 6,500rpm.
The gains were less for the 11-14 because they came with 2.5" exhaust stock. The 15 has a 2" I have read. Going from a 2" to 3" is really going to open things up! From 2.5" to 3", not so much....
Also, having the new car choked down with a smaller exhaust explains why it only gained 15hp/10tq with a lot of engine tweeks. This engine should have made 470hp with all they did to it. It just can't breath with the stock pipes...
Sponsored

SoFloEco

5 Liters of Love!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime HPP Ecoboost Mustang
Hmmmmm. A little dubious of the HP claim, BUT they make the best sounding exhaust - period. (Yeah, I know it's subjective, but I'm right... ; ) )

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
The gains were less for the 11-14 because they came with 2.5" exhaust stock. The 15 has a 2" I have read. Going from a 2" to 3" is really going to open things up! From 2.5" to 3", not so much....
Also, having the new car choked down with a smaller exhaust explains why it only gained 15hp/10tq with a lot of engine tweeks. This engine should have made 470hp with all they did to it. It just can't breath with the stock pipes...
The factory system on the '15 is 2.5" in most parts. Just measured on the stock system sitting in my garage.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
The factory system on the '15 is 2.5" in most parts. Just measured on the stock system sitting in my garage.
Yea it's mostly 2.5", but at least the flex pipe is 2" I don't know if anything else is.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Yea it's mostly 2.5", but at least the flex pipe is 2" I don't know if anything else is.
It's basically 2.5" from the suitcase back. The headers are 2.25" in a couple of places. If installing a catback with x-pipe or h-pipe you're replacing the 2.5" factory piping.

Sponsored

Budwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
30HP claims are ludicrous and the company should be called out for false advertising. Not that I was considering Magnaflow anyway but I will recommend others to not buy their products. It's a shady way to conduct business and unfortunately it works, in the short term.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
30HP claims are ludicrous and the company should be called out for false advertising. Not that I was considering Magnaflow anyway but I will recommend others to not buy their products. It's a shady way to conduct business and unfortunately it works, in the short term.
The suitcase has been proven to be very restrictive. Dynos are backing up the claims also....don't be so quick to judge.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
The suitcase has been proven to be very restrictive. Dynos are backing up the claims also....don't be so quick to judge.
I haven't seen a single customer car that shows a 30hp gain. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'd just like to see a regular Joe get 30hp on a dyno before believing it.

Budwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The restriction is in the cats and it has been for a long time, its nothing new. I'd be surprised to see more than 5HP from the catback swap.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
30HP claims are ludicrous and the company should be called out for false advertising. Not that I was considering Magnaflow anyway but I will recommend others to not buy their products. as nd It's a shady way to conduct business and unfortunately it works, in the short term.
And when did u become the exhaust expert,3 companys have reported close to the same numbers, but im sure they u could use some help from u for the next system.Magnaflow has a great rep and many reputable builders use them.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Oh buy the way who do u recommend, since ur the expert.

Budwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I prefer Borla but there are many others that are great.

If catback systems gained that much power all of the manufacturers would be screaming these gains from the top of their lungs as well. The only possible way they would gain 30HP would be from a catback + tune, in which case the catback probably attributed very little to that total. Magnaflow of course wants you to believe they gained 30HP from just the catback. Its shady.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
I prefer Borla but there are many others that are great.

If catback systems gained that much power all of the manufacturers would be screaming these gains from the top of their lungs as well. The only possible way they would gain 30HP would be from a catback + tune, in which case the catback probably attributed very little to that total. Magnaflow of course wants you to believe they gained 30HP from just the catback. Its shady.
One u dont need a tune with a catback, and I personally have had 20 plus horsepower with a reputable catback exhaust, but we will see a whole lot of numbers are going to start coming out real soon.

planedoc

Planedoc
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, DIB, PP
Aren't Magnaflows made of 409 stainless? So they will rust....
Think I will stick with a 304 stainless brand to never need to replace it...

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Aren't Magnaflows made of 409 stainless? So they will rust....
Think I will stick with a 304 stainless brand to never need to replace it...
No thats not true look at their website.
Sponsored