Sponsored

Lund Tuner calling a customer a Re*****?

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
two shop cars, and MRL 6 second car. Don't see any other record breakers tuned by lund.
We've seen this argument before. It's dubious at best.

Do you really think Johnny McFuckknuckle from Pig's Knuckle, Arkansas gets the same amount of effort and attention to his tune that they put into their race cars?

Just because Elon is putting satellites into orbit doesn't mean the model S is built to space flight stringent standards.
Sponsored

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Do you really think Johnny McFuckknuckle from Pig's Knuckle, Arkansas gets the same amount of effort and attention to his tune that they put into their race cars?
not for the $400 they charge on the web form for a tune

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M

That's basically a description of my guy. The answer is, yes, he does.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
That's basically a description of my guy. The answer is, yes, he does.
Well, it's the exception then.

MMR loves to use this flawed logic.

"Who are you to question us, our cars have gone xxx at yyyy in the 1/4 mile."

Which has absolutely nothing to do with whether one of their techs fouled up an engine build or whether one of their branded 3rd party parts has failed.

And I'm an MMR customer btw.

It doesn't follow that Lund (or any large organization) would automatically put the same effort into a random customer's car as they do their own race/competition cars.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I agree but there is also a way to do it. I don’t think saying someone rode to school on the short bus :) when jettisoning a client is appropriate either.
That's the other side. It's better to just ignore.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Well, it's the exception then.

MMR loves to use this flawed logic.

"Who are you to question us, our cars have gone xxx at yyyy in the 1/4 mile."

Which has absolutely nothing to do with whether one of their techs fouled up an engine build or whether one of their branded 3rd party parts has failed.

And I'm an MMR customer btw.

It doesn't follow that Lund (or any large organization) would automatically put the same effort into a random customer's car as they do their own race/competition cars.
I was referring to Jesse Ringley, his shop is in the middle of nowhere in Arkansas and he does really good work. Even though he's got a PhD in engineering, I've never gotten an argument from authority, just advice.

If you're a professional, then you *DO* put the same effort into the customer car that you do the shops. In some cases, you put a lot more work on the customer jobs than you can your own. It shouldn't matter whether you're working on a go kart or a formula 1 car. It's all done the same way.

Having said all this, I can appreciate the point you were making about a belligerent shop. I always think customers going fast is more impressive than the shop car going quick, for sure.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Does this 2000hp customer car count for anything?

What kind of money do you think a Suadi Arabian with a 2000hp build has given Lund for their expertise? I can guarantee it wasn't their $500/tune job.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
What kind of money do you think a Suadi Arabian with a 2000hp build has given Lund for their expertise? I can guarantee it wasn't their $500/tune job.
And looking at his Insta profile, he’s in the racing business. So this isn’t some garage build, not an apples to apples comparison IMO.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And looking at his Insta profile, he’s in the racing business. So this isn’t some garage build, not an apples to apples comparison IMO.
None of that matters. The point was, someone said:

Anything truly custom or on the edge of the industry, find someone else.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

And a stopped clock is accurate to the microsecond twice a day.

Lund may pull a rabbit out here and there but they have successfully given me the impression they only get serious when there is big money and fame to be had.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

If you read that statement by the letter, you are correct. However, that statement should’ve had a qualifier that it was for regular consumers. If this dude that’s in Saudi Arabia is indeed a professional racer and is sponsored by Lund (I didn’t dig enough to vet that), then it’s not the same situation at all. I can guarantee Lund (or anyone else for that matter) will give special treatment and attention to someone they sponsor at the professional level

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you read that statement by the letter, you are correct. However, that statement should’ve had a qualifier that it was for regular consumers. If this dude that’s in Saudi Arabia is indeed a professional racer and is sponsored by Lund (I didn’t dig enough to vet that), then it’s not the same situation at all. I can guarantee Lund (or anyone else for that matter) will give special treatment and attention to someone they sponsor at the professional level
We've established that if you want something you can't describe using the drop-downs on their website, you're not going to get that tune for $400 or whatever it costs. But who's giving 2000hp tunes for that price?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)

One picture with a big number is trivial. It means they have a rich customer. Many, many people can make a big number on the dyno and then fall on their face at the track.
Sponsored