OP

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
93 VW Corrado, 71 Porsche 911
oh wow, I thought we were talking some distance here… If that’s the case, get, your @$$ in a car and go check it out, might answer all your questions in 15 minutes 🫠

and yes, I gathered by your signature that you had a little mechanical ability and weren’t afraid to dig into some things so this might be perfect for you.
Fair point
Sponsored

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Take some cash with you, as well as a blank bill of sale, to seal the deal if it is what you are after.

OP
OP

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
Damn you guys are amping me up. I do have all my loan docs and check 🤔

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Don’t ever go to a car shop without Benjamin’s to back you up…Just in case. Otherwise you’ll be sweating worrying about someone else grabbing the deal while you are trying to round up the funds.

OP
OP

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
Don’t ever go to a car shop without Benjamin’s to back you up…Just in case. Otherwise you’ll be sweating worrying about someone else grabbing the deal while you are trying to round up the funds.
Facts

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
My 20 350 came from Iowa in Dec., I went and got it. My R came from San Antonio, I went and got it. My 500 came from NC, had it shipped. I’m in NM. Pretty much all of my vehicles come from out of State. It is what it is. We don’t have squat here and when they do they’re not worth dealing with(sky high prices and subpar). Now to the engine deal. The reality is if you want any kind of performance vehicle they all come with risk. It’s the price of admission and reality. It’s not to say go buy anything, but when you get in to the performance arena and want to enjoy it shxt breaks. Doesn’t matter if it’s Ford, GM, Porsche, Lamborghini, etc.. I completely understand the financial commitment and side. But once you actually decide life’s short and want to enjoy a fruit of your labor so to speak, the rest goes away and you figure it out if it does ever go sideways. These cars are so visceral and amazing I’m still amazed they were even sold. Goes for a lot of the other brand offerings as well.

Damn you guys are amping me up. I do have all my loan docs and check 🤔

OP
OP

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
Pulled a CARFAX, couple things are alarming. Most notably there have been 7 owners and a couple times it looks like it went just over 7k mi between oil changes.

let me know your thoughts

Attachments

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do all my own maintenance on my vehicles so no carfax history there. Look down inside valve cover with a flashlight. If all clean, engine runs strong with no smoke or weird noises you should be good. You could also pay a good shop for a compression check and a look over.
However, 7 prior owners? That would get my attention.

OP
OP

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
I do all my own maintenance on my vehicles so no carfax history there. Look down inside valve cover with a flashlight. If all clean, engine runs strong with no smoke or weird noises you should be good. You could also pay a good shop for a compression check and a look over.
However, 7 prior owners? That would get my attention.
Same. Why?

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same. Why?
It is odd…with that many different owners, there may be an issue that has been problematic to resolve but not detailed in the carfax? Just guessing here though If you have a good trustworthy shop that can look the car over, it would provide peace of mind on this.

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Hmmmmm…7 owners is reason to look closer when you actually drive your @$$ over there and put your eyeballs on her 😂

and once again, Charlie @Inthehighdesert said it with more panache than I could… high-end cars are like dating super models, there’s a certain level of maintenance that you will do, whether you want to or not 😎

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I don’t disagree with that concern. I would to, and I think most would but that’s just being prudent. I do think in your position taking a drive is worth it. What’s the worst that could happen. Little bit of your time is gone, but you get to actually put your hands on so to speak. Even if you decide to pass and look at others I’d spend my time window shopping so to speak. The read on the owner and there surroundings will tell you more about the car then the report will In alot of cases.

Pulled a CARFAX, couple things are alarming. Most notably there have been 7 owners and a couple times it looks like it went just over 7k mi between oil changes.

SnowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grabber
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2017 ECOboost, Saleen S351
If your budget is around 40-45k, I’d be looking at Bullitts. I’ve been similarly looking at 350s, Machs, and Bullitts lately with the mind to swap over if the deal is right.

There are some great 2019-2020 Bullitts to be had with more premium options than a ‘16 350 and with much lower miles. Probably not much warranty left but I’d wager it would be much easier and cheaper to purchase one of those Granger ESPs on a 19-20 rather than a ‘16.
Machs are still high imo, especially if you want the HP one.

Personally, I’d be looking more for 19-20 350s rather than older ones. It’s already a potentially finicky engine, why start adding other aging issues into the fold is how I see it. A ‘16 is 8 years old and possibly needing less obvious things replaced in the near future. Things like alternators, master cylinders, fuel lines, water pumps, maybe wheel bearings, maybe struts/shocks. All that nonsense that isn’t a financial catastrophe like blowing a ring but it adds up quickly. I mean my ‘18 is getting up in age so I’m already budgeting for these “once a decade” operations yknow? I’ve been burned on the ol’ its a great deal but somehow I dropped another 3 grand on the car in the following 6 months and now it’s a wash kind of situation.

just my two cents as a dude who’s been cruising autotrader for marquee Mustangs while taking a dump for almost a year now 😅
I'm still waiting on the perfect SN95 mystic Cobra. Years or poops later. No Cobra.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
I'm still waiting on the perfect SN95 mystic Cobra. Years or poops later. No Cobra.
lol…mine would be a 93 Cobra, but I just cannot (nay, will not) wrap my brain around paying 50-90k for cars we bought in the 90s for 15-20k with less miles back then 😂

Nitrousfedlx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt pp/ 2015 Ford Escape

That car has been whore'd out man. Hard pass. 😂
Sponsored