wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
not looking for a daily, but you're probably right. I'm sure it would be fun at times and then a PIA others.
not really, I think it’s more a level of comfort with your willingness to handle a situation…be it the financial wherewithal, the mechanical ability or even the garage space to do what needs to be done.

keep in mind, the failures are magnified here and elsewhere, the successfuls are not. If it’s not a daily, a 350 might just be what you are looking for, unless of course the 40k pricepoint is your threshold.

I daily my 350R since oct2020, been out of warranty for 3 years now and just clicked 63k miles…no regrets.

one shifter bolt vibrated out,
two tickets for window tint,
one cracked a/c line,
one set of floor mats,
one speeding ticket,
one broken splitter,
four sets of tires,
one blown tire,
two batteries,
and an eternal grin 😬
Sponsored

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
For all you light weight’s out there, lol. This is a buddy of mine’s GT350 which he still owns. He bought it used, with this many miles in 2020, from prior owner who daily drove it 100+mi every day, for 4 yrs. Engine is spotless inside the valve cover with 20+ oil changes during this time. Power train is all original and car has no issues. Best of all, with this many miles he can just enjoy it without worrying about putting too many miles on it. TLC and proper maintenance goes a long way.
IMG_3009.jpeg

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Zero Options, Orange Fury)
For all you light weight’s out there, lol. This is a buddy of mine’s GT350 which he still owns. He bought it used, with this many miles in 2020, from prior owner who daily drove it 100+mi every day, for 4 yrs. Engine is spotless inside the valve cover with 20+ oil changes during this time. Power train is all original and car has no issues. Best of all, with this many miles he can just enjoy it without
How much, exactly, did he pay for that car?

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd assume OP is looking at 40 to 50k price range depending on location, options, etc.

OP when you say "somewhat "limited by budget, no matter what happens, you're good? Engine goes pop, absolutely no worries? If so then you should buy, but if not, I'm still in the camp that says nope (I fully understand the majority of GT350s are solid vehicles). If you can't buy it outright, how much are you going to borrow for this?

Ignore the rest if you're wealthy:

I've been 100% debt free since I was forty years old, I'm fifty two now. I've got many vehicles, if something blows up and I don't want to fix it, I can haul the piece I junk where I want and say "fix it". The reason I'm debt free is because I saved every penny for around 12 years. I was out of the car game for over a decade. Cars come and go, no debt equals the greatest amount of freedom humanly possible.

I have a feeling you must have some doubts about whether or not a GT350 is worth it. It isn't. I have never asked anyone whether or not I should buy a car because if you have to ask, well, it probably isn't for you (at this time of your life).

Last edited:

Sponsored

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not for me to say but he got a deal.
What I sort of figured, which meant that if something had happened (and fortunately it didn't) the financial blow was minimized.

OP
OP

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
93 VW Corrado, 71 Porsche 911
I'd assume OP is looking at 40 to 50k price range depending on location, options, etc.

OP when you say "somewhat "limited by budget, no matter what happens, you're good? Engine goes pop, absolutely no worries? If so then you should buy, but if not, I'm still in the camp that says nope (I fully understand the majority of GT350s are solid vehicles). If you can't buy it outright, how much are you going to borrow for this?

Ignore the rest if you're wealthy:

I've been 100% debt free since I was forty years old, I'm fifty two now. I've got many vehicles, if something blows up and I don't want to fix it, I can haul the piece I junk where I want and say "fix it". The reason I'm debt free is because I saved every penny for around 12 years. I was out of the car game for over a decade. Cars come and go, no debt equals the greatest amount of freedom humanly possible.

I have a feeling you must have some doubts about whether or not a GT350 is worth it. It isn't. I have never asked anyone whether or not I should buy a car because if you have to ask, well, it probably isn't for you (at this time of your life).
I’m close to being in the same position you are. If something broke I’d fix it myself I do everything myself.
That particular 350 caught my eye because it’s fairly close to the range I was looking for a decent Bullitt.
limited by budget means I can’t bring myself to mentally make a $60k car payment. Can I afford it; yes but in my head that’s just a big nut.
engine goes boom idk if I won’t have zero worries but whatta gunna do but fix it. I won’t lose sleep think my god what have I done. More like how did that happen type of thing. Will it suck yes but at least I’ll know it’ll be good from then on out.
I’m to the point in my life where i just want to collect. No longer buy cars unless I know I’m never getting rid of it.

OP
OP

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
Also the seller of the 350 response to my questions was “the car is good to go”

wtf does that mean. Why won’t anyone engage? I would think any true car guy would love to talk about their car.

Evenmetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
not looking for a daily, but you're probably right. I'm sure it would be fun at times and then a PIA others.
I totally read your request wrong! For some reason I thought you were looking for a daily. I must be cross eyed. Well then yes, definitely buy a GT350! Just know that the 2016 model years had different options separated out before they became standard in mid 2017 & up years.

Last edited:

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Also the seller of the 350 response to my questions was “the car is good to go”

wtf does that mean. Why won’t anyone engage? I would think any true car guy would love to talk about their car.
ok, now we are getting somewhere… How far away is the car and are you up for a drive? Over the years, I have driven to at least a dozen cars over 500 miles away, and walked away from the deal (most memorable was a 1996 Dodge Stealth RT/TT of which they made few) Conversely, I have driven to another dozen cars, thinking it was junk, and drove them home (a dodge Omni GLHS) 😬

since I don’t have Facebook… Is he the original owner, or a reseller?

OP
OP

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
ok, now we are getting somewhere… How far away is the car and are you up for a drive? Over the years, I have driven to at least a dozen cars over 500 miles away, and walked away from the deal (most memorable was a 1996 Dodge Stealth RT/TT of which they made few) Conversely, I have driven to another dozen cars, thinking it was junk, and drove them home (a dodge Omni GLHS) 😬

since I don’t have Facebook… Is he the original owner, or a reseller?
The car is less than an hour away. I’m in NC and drive to Michigan to look at a car and then back again to purchase that car a couple months later. That was my 911 it’s a total project car but air cooled Porsche’s are sky rocketing.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
The car is less than an hour away. I’m in NC and drive to Michigan to look at a car and then back again to purchase that car a couple months later. That was my 911 it’s a total project car but air cooled Porsche’s are sky rocketing.
oh wow, I thought we were talking some distance here… If that’s the case, get, your @$$ in a car and go check it out, might answer all your questions in 15 minutes 🫠

and yes, I gathered by your signature that you had a little mechanical ability and weren’t afraid to dig into some things so this might be perfect for you.
Sponsored