long tube headers need a tune ??????

stangyota

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
2020 gt with long tube headers ,have the car tuned however i have 2 recalls, back up camera failure and low brake fluid indicater may not come on, which ford will take care of by " flashing the pcm" spoke with my tuner and said you can go back to stock without a problem, you can drive the car stock with the headers without issue. Any input would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
You don't need a tune w/ LTH, or any headers.

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Why don't you drive it there. Flash it stock, let them do their thing. Flash your tune back on it and drive home? If you are worried about it then you can do that...

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I got the brake fluid done with my tune intact. Not an issue. They sent a mobile tech, he was cool I told him I had a tune, he said he wouldn't mess with it at all, not issues before or after...

Sponsored

OP
OP
stangyota

stangyota

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
thank you WildHorse for the clarification. I always thought tha a tune is required with LTH. Venders indicate " a tune is required with LTH" so i assumed it to be so, however i do understand that a tune will improve performance

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Most tuners don't tune for long tubes, you definitely can though. Will you notice any power difference? No. Will it perform better? Maybe. Most people don't do it because there isn't really much noticeable difference, and it doesn't hurt not to change anything for LT's

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
thank you WildHorse for the clarification. I always thought tha a tune is required with LTH. Venders indicate " a tune is required with LTH" so i assumed it to be so, however i do understand that a tune will improve performance
Usually cause they charge extra cause it has LTH.

They could adjust exhaust cams a tad, but it really won't do much, if anything over the stock headers.

The MAF will notice and compensate all by itself.

OP
OP
stangyota

stangyota

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
ok i have had issues with the tune ie tork limit set to low causing the car to go into limp mode, not fun . also the feul monitoring system will not set. live in md and have emissions inspection, my tuner has sent several revisions and currently flashed the car. so if i go back to stok will i have these issues? also have rear o2 sensor spacers because i was having a p0430 code. the LTH are cated with 400 cell cats, so going back to stok will resolve these issues?

OP
OP
stangyota

stangyota

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Most tuners don't tune for long tubes, you definitely can though. Will you notice any power difference? No. Will it perform better? Maybe. Most people don't do it because there isn't really much noticeable difference, and it doesn't hurt not to change anything for LT's
thank you so much for that info. i did not know, saw many vids of people with LTH having a tune as a must. or else the car would not run

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Flash your stock tune. No harm will come to your car IF all you have for mods is just the headers.

After flashing run a readiness drive cycle or 3 and your emissions should go green. Only caveat is the 400 cell cats, they may or may not pass.

OP
OP
stangyota

stangyota

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
none regarding a need for tunining, just returnd to stock put back the reduction sleeve in the the CAI. strated the car with no issues. will keep you posted after a run thanx for input

OP
OP
stangyota

stangyota

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Flash your stock tune. No harm will come to your car IF all you have for mods is just the headers.

After flashing run a readiness drive cycle or 3 and your emissions should go green. Only caveat is the 400 cell cats, they may or may not pass.
great thank you for this
Sponsored