Kamikaze Collection - Miyabi V2 Impressions

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT California Special
Finally had time to sort out my thoughts on how to describe Kamikaze Collection's Miyabi V2 Coating. This was my second diy ceramic coating the first being avalonking armorshield ix (which was dead post the winter decon wash this yr, 1 yr longevity with 1 layer w/ Detroit/Chicago winter brutality)

Working with the coating was pretty easy and most of the high spots on my car were due to me essentially working in the dark (as I live in an apartment complex). The goal was to see how the durability is so when I can get a battery polisher I can give it some proper love with either ism or miyabi & ism or miyabi & infinity wax.

But the hydrophobic's of miyabi on initial impressions are way stronger than armorshield ix was at the beginning. The overall touch and feel of the Kamikaze Collection products also feel more upscale compared to Avalonking as well (talking supporting shampoo and other prep products).

On mischievous purple I feel like miyabi is lacking something extra in terms of look (so I may add infinity wax later this summer to see how it looks). All in all pretty pleased overall especially considering the premium on the product (they are expensive).

Below is a video of the hydrophobic's I'll try to get photos of my car this weekend or maybe post the infinity wax application.

EDITED: Below is the short for the unlisted video for the hydrophobics per @kilobravo suggestion

Sponsored

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I guess you've seen that your clip wasn't accepted by the forum software, Stephen. That said, the best way to post a video is by first uploading it to YooToob or similar and then, all you need to do here is post a link to that vid.

The folks who pay for and maintain your average "forum" don't have the server resources like YT/Google, so there are file size considerations with video and most restrict the file size to the point where you wind up with a poorer display of the clip than you would have on YT anyway.

Of course, if you don't already have a channel to use for the upload, the YT route can also be a PITA.

But, I think everyone who frequents this thread would like to see the performance of your coating, (which I had never heard of,) with H2O. <smile> Good luck.

OP
OP
RedTetsu13

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
I guess you've seen that your clip wasn't accepted by the forum software, Stephen. That said, the best way to post a video is by first uploading it to YooToob or similar and then, all you need to do here is post a link to that vid.

The folks who pay for and maintain your average "forum" don't have the server resources like YT/Google, so there are file size considerations with video and most restrict the file size to the point where you wind up with a poorer display of the clip than you would have on YT anyway.

Of course, if you don't already have a channel to use for the upload, the YT route can also be a PITA.

But, I think everyone who frequents this thread would like to see the performance of your coating, (which I had never heard of,) with H2O. <smile> Good luck.
Never received that notification sadly so I'll take care of it after I'm back in my apartment (assuming the possible t storms don't knock my power out).

OP
OP
RedTetsu13

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)

Been updated. For everyone's visual pleasure (heh) it can be watched in up to 4k60

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Finally had time to sort out my thoughts on how to describe Kamikaze Collection's Miyabi V2 Coating. This was my second diy ceramic coating the first being avalonking armorshield ix (which was dead post the winter decon wash this yr, 1 yr longevity with 1 layer w/ Detroit/Chicago winter brutality)

Working with the coating was pretty easy and most of the high spots on my car were due to me essentially working in the dark (as I live in an apartment complex). The goal was to see how the durability is so when I can get a battery polisher I can give it some proper love with either ism or miyabi & ism or miyabi & infinity wax.

But the hydrophobic's of miyabi on initial impressions are way stronger than armorshield ix was at the beginning. The overall touch and feel of the Kamikaze Collection products also feel more upscale compared to Avalonking as well (talking supporting shampoo and other prep products).

On mischievous purple I feel like miyabi is lacking something extra in terms of look (so I may add infinity wax later this summer to see how it looks). All in all pretty pleased overall especially considering the premium on the product (they are expensive).

Below is a video of the hydrophobic's I'll try to get photos of my car this weekend or maybe post the infinity wax application.

EDITED: Below is the short for the unlisted video for the hydrophobics per @kilobravo suggestion

Very nice, and 4K too. That's awesome :) I love to watch ceramic bead water :)
Sponsored