Sponsored

Is this how lightweight fly wheel should feel

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I just had a McLeod RST installed 2 weeks ago. It's definitely different from the stock clutch. Takes a little more to get moving, but it does rev faster and the rpms drop quicker between shifts. Still getting used to it and finishing my break in period. Haven't been over 4k rpm yet.
Interested in your thoughts on the RST clutch...how does pedal feel and engagement compare to stock clutch?
Sponsored

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1(Need For Green)
Interested in your thoughts on the RST clutch...how does pedal feel and engagement compare to stock clutch?
The pedal is definitely softer than the stock clutch. I'd say close to 30% easier than stock. I thought there was something wrong when I picked my car up it was that different. I do have the Steeda clutch spring installed. Engagement is about the same as stock. Near the top of the pedal is where my clutch starts to grab. Takes a little more throttle to get rolling, but nothing dramatic.

I do have a little "pop" I can feel in the pedal when I'm releasing the clutch. Not sure what it is. Could be air, but I had my brakes flushed with a vacuum bleeder when the clutch was installed. I can't hear anything, but I can feel it in my foot. It doesn't happen 100% of the time either.

Overall, I'm happy with it. I wish I would of went with the RXT so I could be rougher on it, but I don't plan to track my car, so the RST is fine for me.

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
The pedal is definitely softer than the stock clutch. I'd say close to 30% easier than stock. I thought there was something wrong when I picked my car up it was that different. I do have the Steeda clutch spring installed. Engagement is about the same as stock. Near the top of the pedal is where my clutch starts to grab. Takes a little more throttle to get rolling, but nothing dramatic.

I do have a little "pop" I can feel in the pedal when I'm releasing the clutch. Not sure what it is. Could be air, but I had my brakes flushed with a vacuum bleeder when the clutch was installed. I can't hear anything, but I can feel it in my foot. It doesn't happen 100% of the time either.

Overall, I'm happy with it. I wish I would of went with the RXT so I could be rougher on it, but I don't plan to track my car, so the RST is fine for me.
Thanks for the input. My stock clutch is kind of grabby and the engagement is not that smooth when you’re trying to be smooth. So does it rev up quicker with the aluminum flywheel when you blip the throttle?

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1(Need For Green)
Thanks for the input. My stock clutch is kind of grabby and the engagement is not that smooth when you’re trying to be smooth. So does it rev up quicker with the aluminum flywheel when you blip the throttle?
Yeah. They drop faster between shifts too.