Sponsored

Is Boostane really that bad for our cars?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing to see here ...

1719921643262-al.png

I assume that's from MMT / Boostane ?

WD :like:
Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Nothing to see here ...

1719921643262-al.png

I assume that's from MMT / Boostane ?

WD :like:
Sure looks like my pipes in between cleanings lol. O2s look the exact same too but are still kicking at 96k miles on the originals with 14oz of boostane pee tank for the last 50k miles.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I just don't like the idea of manganese deposits ending up everywhere. It's probably abrasive to things like valve seats and the high pressure fuel system. I wonder how it affects the oil longevity as well.

With that said I generally agree, it works well.
I lost my engine at 96k miles due to a broken spark plug taking out cylinder 3. Other than the damage to cylinder 3, the rest of my engine looked surprising good for how many miles and how much boostane I had run for the past 50k miles. I do understand people's concerns with it though but I've spoke to reps at boostane several times amd they are very confident in the quality of their product. So far I have no reason to question them.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just don't like the idea of manganese deposits ending up everywhere. It's probably abrasive to things like valve seats and the high pressure fuel system. I wonder how it affects the oil longevity as well.

With that said I generally agree, it works well.
Does the MMT act like a lubricant for the upper cylinder like lead?

SnowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grabber
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2017 ECOboost, Saleen S351
I've used royal purple. Have not tried boostane yet.

For me personally, I don't wanna run my engine so close to edge of knock I feel like I NEED to have it. Or feer one bad tank of gas spells disaster.

I'd rather run a touch more conservative and only use boosters to kick it up a notch when I want.

I understand people have different reasons, and variables. It's just my humble opinion. I wanna up my horse power not my gas bill and anxiety 😂