Sponsored

I messed up. Which Camber Plates to Buy?

Tycoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I lowered my GT with the Ford Performance Street springs.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-5300-XA
I did not install adjustable camber plates. My alignment guy was not able to get camber perfect. It's a little bit stanced.
I need to take the front back apart and install camber plates.
I want to stick with Ford parts but it seems like the GT350/Mach 1 adjustable camber plates are not great because the set screws have to be removed before camber can be adjusted.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-18183-MDH
If camber is adjusted with the GT350/Mach 1 camber plates do the set screws just not go back in?
It looks like the set screws can only be screwed in to set 1 factory position and would not be used if camber deviates from that.
I'm thinking to go with the Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber plates but do I really need any caster adjustability?
https://www.maximummotorsports.com/Mustang-Caster-Camber-Plates-2015-2023-P1480.aspx

20240629_162315.JPG

20240629_123519.JPG
Sponsored

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang VB
Once set screws are removed, they remain out for as long as you want to perform alignments. Spare screw parts drawer has company now.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
What is your front camber? I run -2.25 up front.

OP
OP
Tycoon

Tycoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
What is your front camber? I run -2.25 up front.
It's definitely a problem that I don't know. He didn't provide the paperwork. He just mentioned the issue. I can see the negative camber visually. I can ask him for the specs. I grabbed the car after hours- probably why the paperwork wasn't provided. Am I freaking out about a nothing burger?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Am I freaking out about a nothing burger? Sponsored
Most likely. Toe is what wears out tires. These cars are heavy and like a lot of front camber if you like to go fast around corners. If you drag race I could see wanting to stand the tires straight up.

I'd look at what the camber is before I'd worry. If both sides are under -2.5 and relatively close I would put the plates on hold. Unless you just want another mod, or have OCD.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tycoon

Tycoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Most likely. Toe is what wears out tires. These cars are heavy and like a lot of front camber if you like to go fast around corners. If you drag race I could see wanting to stand the tires straight up.

I'd look at what the camber is before I'd worry. If both sides are under -2.5 and relatively close I would put the plates on hold. Unless you just want another mod, or have OCD.
Mod, ocd- probably both. I'll ask him for specs tomorrow.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
He didn't provide the paperwork. .... Am I freaking out about a nothing burger?
yes. But paperwork will substantiate. IMO even street driving benefits significantly with 2+ up front. I run 2.5. No need to spend more money unless you want to get past the in-house limits.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
My FR-S, stock had a degree or more of cross camber.. drove fine especially for the street. Eventually i evened it out with camber plates after adding coilovers etc. Your car looks fine. Could probably use more camber if anything. If the difference is only a few tenths and you're ok with how much camber you have i'd not bother.

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
You can get your wheels to have almost zero camber with camber plates and camber bolts. I have air bags and barely have camber all the way aired out, enough to tuck inside. Camber plates won't fix that much camber. They're for small fine adjustments.
Get camber bolts if there isn't already some on the car.... The hole for the top bolt is slightly larger in diameter than the bolts, so there is some play there. If you don't pay attention when tightening them back down, and lean on one (pushing it in, and giving you more negative camber) one side may be in further than the other side. Before tightening both bolts make sure you pull out on the brake rotor or knuckle to make sure as much negative camber is out of it as possible.