Sponsored

How difficult to upgrade base brakes to PP brakes?

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Agree w/everything @CobaltFilly posted.

I’m more concerned with hub and spindle changes vs suspension changes.
Hub and spindle are suspension components, at least to me. You do not need to change them, that's for the GT350 brakes.

I see mixed answers on swapping the brake booster/master cylinder when doing this upgrade. Any input?
No need.
Sponsored

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
I have a set of gt brakes. Rotors and calipers with pads if you want to buy them. I upgraded to pp a few years ago.

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
If you street and lightly track you’re fine swapping the calipers.

However, I’ve tried base master/booster, base boostr / pp master, and finally pp master/ booster in my 2021 base. Didn’t get consistent pedal until I swapped master AND booster.

Vorshlag stated this way back, I tried without anyway… they’re right.

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
I see mixed answers on swapping the brake booster/master cylinder when doing this upgrade. Any input?
I upgraded from the eco performance brakes (the middle ones) to the brembos. About 6 months later swapped the master cylinder. I think the eco pp already had the pp booster, but the master was different from the gt pp master. Difference was not huge, but did seem like they would grab a little quicker with a less heavy press on the pedal. For the cost, I’d do it again. (I think it was around $100 or less)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
@Evolvd

I've got the original OEM pair of PP front rotors off my '15 gathering dust in my shop attic; car was only two years old with very few miles when I swapped them for drilled and slotted units. You could have them (rears too), but it would probably cost you a bit to ship.