Sponsored

Home invasion?

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
Alot of new cars flow through my driveway, from mine to my girlfriend.
I don't live in a rough part of So Cal, but lately i've really had worries about home invasion. Maybe just paranoia because my new cars, but I think not.

Just two days ago, a man in a camry stopped in front of my house and snapped a couple pics. I tried confronting but he quickly fled. Also if it was just checking out the cars, wouldn't you think he would of just stopped and asked if he liked it that much?

I debated on calling the local PD but whats the most they can do? nothing really.

Any advice?
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
If you can, install a day/night video cam with motion activation in an inconspicuous place. Also, if you have a garage or gate to store your cars do that. File a complaint with your local PD office and see if they will increase patrols in your neighborhood...make sure you have descriptions and plate numbers of cars you see often that don't belong.

Lastly, exercise your 2nd amendment rights and purchase a short barreled shotgun and load it with saltpeter or small diameter buckshot. Won't kill but it will sting like a sonufabitch (unless you aim for the head)

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
Keep a good insurance policy on the cars. Probably a guy scoping out cars to steal for a car theft ring.
Or could just be a guy taking pics of nice cars and posting them as his own on facebook or something.

OP
OP

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you can, install a day/night video cam with motion activation in an inconspicuous place. Also, if you have a garage or gate to store your cars do that. File a complaint with your local PD office and see if they will increase patrols in your neighborhood...make sure you have descriptions and plate numbers of cars you see often that don't belong.

Lastly, exercise your 2nd amendment rights and purchase a short barreled shotgun and load it with saltpeter or small diameter buckshot. Won't kill but it will sting like a sonufabitch (unless you aim for the head)
Well I like parking my cars in my driveway, like to peep out the window and catch a glance at her.:love:

My 300 always sits in the driveway. My girlfriends MB is in garage mostly...

I have a Remington 870 tactical under my bed, and plenty more within reach all over the house but still don't want to get to that point.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Nobody wants to get to that point. But you if you enter my home uninvited and intend to do me or my family harm...you won't be leaving under your own power, or at all.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nobody wants to get to that point. But you if you enter my home uninvited and intend to do me or my family harm...you won't be leaving under your own power, or at all.
While I agree.
In CA you don't have the castle laws. You have to flee not fight .

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Something to consider...but that's not a thought that will cross your mind in the heat of the moment. You'll either fight or flee. And in the end I'd rather be judged by twelve than buried by six.

Not to mention that CA is a hippie state that's been run into the ground by democrats...but that's just my personal opinion.

OP
OP

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something to consider...but that's not a thought that will cross your mind in the heat of the moment. You'll either fight or flee. And in the end I'd rather be judged by twelve than buried by six.

Not to mention that CA is a hippie state that's been run into the ground by democrats...but that's just my personal opinion.
Very true. What a good saying.
Guess I'll just have to wait and sweet. Might purchase a k9 companion to help my mind.

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
While I agree.
In CA you don't have the castle laws. You have to flee not fight .
you are absolutely wrong. very bad information. in California you have 198.5 PC which states:

Any person using force intended or likely to cause death or great bodily injury within his or her residence shall be presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily injury to self, family, or a member of the household when that force is used against another person, not a member of the family or household, who unlawfully and forcibly enters or has unlawfully and forcibly entered the residence and the person using the force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry occurred. As used in this section, great bodily injury means a significant or substantial physical injury.

you have the right to protect yourself even in this commie, hipply liberal, pot smoking, god forsaken state.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
You have firearms, but how prepared is your family to face a home invasion? A weapon is tool that is only as good as the training held by its operator. Does your girlfriend know that if she has to call 911 that she should describe you and what you're wearing so when the police arrive they don't target you as the perpetrator? Do you have a clear lane of fire in your house in case your exit is blocked? Do you have more than one exit? Can you operate all of your weapons with one hand or with your non-dominant hand? Can your girlfriend?

These are just a few small examples of things you should talk about and consider when it comes to protecting yourselves. And there are nearly an infinite number of classes you can take to provide you the tools to implement in such emergencies.

I've been in the military for nearly 20 years and one thing you learn is that if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Sponsored

badass03ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 GT 'vert, 1973 Fastback
You have firearms, but how prepared is your family to face a home invasion? A weapon is tool that is only as good as the training held by its operator. Does your girlfriend know that if she has to call 911 that she should describe you and what you're wearing so when the police arrive they don't target you as the perpetrator? Do you have a clear lane of fire in your house in case your exit is blocked? Do you have more than one exit? Can you operate all of your weapons with one hand or with your non-dominant hand? Can your girlfriend?

These are just a few small examples of things you should talk about and consider when it comes to protecting yourselves. And there are nearly an infinite number of classes you can take to provide you the tools to implement in such emergencies.

I've been in the military for nearly 20 years and one thing you learn is that if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Very well stated!! Where on Oki are you? I only had the pleasure of being on Schwab and JW/NTA.

One other thing I don't agree with that was posted is hiding the surveillance camera. It has been proven time and again that a visible camera is a deterrent.

OP
OP

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you are absolutely wrong. very bad information. in California you have 198.5 PC which states:

Any person using force intended or likely to cause death or great bodily injury within his or her residence shall be presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily injury to self, family, or a member of the household when that force is used against another person, not a member of the family or household, who unlawfully and forcibly enters or has unlawfully and forcibly entered the residence and the person using the force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry occurred. As used in this section, great bodily injury means a significant or substantial physical injury.

you have the right to protect yourself even in this commie, hipply liberal, pot smoking, god forsaken state.
Didn't even know this.
Thanks for the clarification. That eases me a bit.

While I have no military or law enforcement experience, i plan on attending a couple classes out at Gunsight in AZ. Me and the girlfriend can operate all of my weapons with both hands.

A couple questions since you two seem well versed.
1. In case of a car theft and I am aware, there is nothing I can do correct? If I step outside with a loaded weapon, is probably stupid to engage in a firefight over a car, but it is illegal as well ?

2. If a home invasion was to occur, would the best plan be to stay in my room with the door locked and await intruders to enter my room? Or go through my house trying to find the perpetrators?

3. Worse case scenario and god forbid me having to use lethal force, what would be the steps after I have fired and either taken care of the intruders or they fled?

Thanks.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Surveillance camera question can go either way. If they can see it they may move on or they may just try to find a way to disable it. In the end nothing short of a policeman standing next to your car will stop someone from breaking into it or stealing it.

As for the other questions I recommend you contact a lawyer in your district and get the legal answers. I've learned to never ask law questions online cause 99 times out of 100 you'll get incorrect or irresponsible answers.

And I'm on Kadena ;)

OP
OP

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Surveillance camera question can go either way. If they can see it they may move on or they may just try to find a way to disable it. In the end nothing short of a policeman standing next to your car will stop someone from breaking into it or stealing it.

As for the other questions I recommend you contact a lawyer in your district and get the legal answers. I've learmed to never ask law questions online cause 99 times out of 100 you'll get incorrect or irresponsible answers.

And I'm on Kadena ;)
Japan?! ahhhhhh nice. Take some pics!

I think i'll just do that. Seems like I need to get a few things straight.

badass03ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 GT 'vert, 1973 Fastback
1. In case of a car theft and I am aware, there is nothing I can do correct? If I step outside with a loaded weapon, is probably stupid to engage in a firefight over a car, but it is illegal as well ?

2. If a home invasion was to occur, would the best plan be to stay in my room with the door locked and await intruders to enter my room? Or go through my house trying to find the perpetrators?

3. Worse case scenario and god forbid me having to use lethal force, what would be the steps after I have fired and either taken care of the intruders or they fled?

Thanks.
I'm not one of the two, but, my thoughts
1) Illegal over a car, unless you or a family member were in it or otherwise felt your life was in danger. Best to let them drive off if it's outside.
2) With no LE or military training, pursuing them through your house could be deadly for you. Locked in a room is best defense.
3) Disarm the intruder, guard them while everyone gets out of house, call 911 from cell or neighbors' house, describing what happened, where you are and what you are wearing. Unload your weapon, place it on safe, and put it down pending LE arrival.
Sponsored