Sponsored

GT350 extended warranty

twozilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1 FJG
Hey everyone. I'm considering buying a used 2019 GT350 from a private seller. I contacted my local dealership for information on their extended warranty, and they quoted me $5,940 for 5 years/50,000 miles. This seems a bit high to me, but I'm in California and it is an older car, so I'm not sure. This price includes a 15% Costco member discount.

Has anyone recently purchased a used GT350 and gotten an extended warranty? If so, what did it cost? (If you don’t mind sharing.)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Flood Ford and Lombard Ford do used car warranties over the internet/phone. Contact them for a price. These are the genuine Ford ESP warranties, not some 3rd party company.

OP
OP
twozilla

twozilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1 FJG
Flood Ford and Lombard Ford do used car warranties over the internet/phone. Contact them for a price. These are the genuine Ford ESP warranties, not some 3rd party company.
Wouldn't they need to do an inspection first? At least, that's what this dealership is saying.

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I had a 5 year 70K premium warranty when I bought my new 2019 GT350. It expired at the end of June, 2024. I bought a 5 year 40K, $100 deductible warranty from Granger Ford before my original premium warranty expired. If your current Ford ESP warranty is still active when you purchase a new warranty, you don't need an inspection. If your current ESP warranty has expired before you apply for a new one, then they will make you get a Ford dealership inspection before they will sell you a new one. My new warranty was about $3,500.00. My dealership couldn't match that.

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
What's the point of buying an extended warranty on a car that old? You'll likely spend less by just paying for repairs as they happen.

They want to make money, so they'll always charge you more than they estimate the repairs will cost.

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Save the money, enjoy the car. If you're not going to redline it every day, that $5k will cover you for a while. These cars aren't that hard to fix. You're not going to blow the engine unless you're driving like you stole it every day.

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey everyone. I'm considering buying a used 2019 GT350 from a private seller. I contacted my local dealership for information on their extended warranty, and they quoted me $5,940 for 6 years/50,000 miles. This seems a bit high to me, but I'm in California and it is an older car, so I'm not sure. This price includes a 15% Costco member discount.

Has anyone recently purchased a used GT350 and gotten an extended warranty? If so, what did it cost? (If you don’t mind sharing.)
I recommend: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-granger-ford-payment-plans-available.200133/

You can contact @Zach@Granger for any model years that you can't quote directly on the site.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Wouldn't they need to do an inspection first? At least, that's what this dealership is saying.
Yes. They'll give you a list of places in your area that'll do the inspection. I had to do similar with all the family cars when we switched insurance companies. Took about 10-15 minutes.

cynicalwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
willie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Performance Blue GT350
Save the money, enjoy the car. If you're not going to redline it every day, that $5k will cover you for a while. These cars aren't that hard to fix. You're not going to blow the engine unless you're driving like you stole it every day.
Besides, if it breaks down, you can always one out of Tony's stable. Great lineup!!!!!

Sponsored

Booboo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
2020 PB GT350
California just passed a law that prevents car owners from purchasing extended warranties online. Flood Ford wont sell to CA residents. The only option I know of is to get one directly from a CA dealer.

OP
OP
twozilla

twozilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1 FJG
California just passed a law that prevents car owners from purchasing extended warranties online. Flood Ford wont sell to CA residents. The only option I know of is to get one directly from a CA dealer.
I just don’t understand why on earth that was passed. I mean, it’s so anti consumer it’s insane. I want to be able to 1. Know the prices up front and 2. Be able to purchase online.

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I just don’t understand why on earth that was passed. I mean, it’s so anti consumer it’s insane. I want to be able to 1. Know the prices up front and 2. Be able to purchase online.
They're skimming off the top, if you buy it out of state they can't skim off the top.

Its always the case

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT