Sponsored

GT PP Splitter and Belly Pan Install

4evrsccr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Is there a way to byy one. I can't find one anywhere. Can I tell me where?
Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Is there a way to byy one. I can't find one anywhere. Can I tell me where?
If you're talking about the PP splitter, then bookmark this link:

http://www.newtakeoff.com/2015_ford_mustang_performance_package_front_lower_spoiler_valance.aspx

Right now, they're not in stock, so it dumps you to their main page. But they replenish stock once in a while, so bookmark that link and check it on a daily basis. It sells for $89.99, and is way cheaper than buying from a ford parts site. You'll still have to source a bellypan, which is ~$300.

Other option is to scour ebay for a takeoff, but not many people takeoff and sell their splitters.

OP
OP

bigdave03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2106 Mustang Gt
If you're talking about the PP splitter, then bookmark this link:

http://www.newtakeoff.com/2015_ford_mustang_performance_package_front_lower_spoiler_valance.aspx

Right now, they're not in stock, so it dumps you to their main page. But they replenish stock once in a while, so bookmark that link and check it on a daily basis. It sells for $89.99, and is way cheaper than buying from a ford parts site. You'll still have to source a bellypan, which is ~$300.

Other option is to scour ebay for a takeoff, but not many people takeoff and sell their splitters.
This is exactly where I bought mine and the price is still the same it looks like :cheers:

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
i was able to score both belly pan and splitter for 150 now i feel like i got an awesome deal

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible

Sponsored

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I know this is old thread, but I have a 17 Ecoboost premium, non PP car. Can I trim my belly pan to fit a GT PP chin spoiler?

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I know this is old thread, but I have a 17 Ecoboost premium, non PP car. Can I trim my belly pan to fit a GT PP chin spoiler?
You can also look into the California Special chin spoiler if you don't want to buy the belly pan for the PP. It's similar to the PP one but fits the non-PP belly pan. I just installed one on my car and all the stock hardware works. No need to modify anything and a very easy install.

Jackthewack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mt82 magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if the 15-17 belly pan fits the 18-19? I'm non pp and want to swap pp belly pan and spoiler found a great deal on one local but it's for a 16

Fishels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium performance package.
Looks really slick! I have a stupid question.
I have a 2015 PP i bought that has been in a wreck and unfortunately whoev replaced the front splitter put on the base GT one.

This got me thinking. How do I know if I have the PP belly pan under there or just the regular gt one? Like is there a distinct visual difference?

Sponsored

S14Wolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big K
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Vert with Stg2 Whipple
Looks really slick! I have a stupid question.
I have a 2015 PP i bought that has been in a wreck and unfortunately whoev replaced the front splitter put on the base GT one.

This got me thinking. How do I know if I have the PP belly pan under there or just the regular gt one? Like is there a distinct visual difference?
Base pan doesn't have the aero duct cut outs for the brakes. GT PP does. 15-17's different than 18 up. I got my belly pan from the dealer for like $145 new so don't buy used if you don't need to.

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
I'm trying to do this install today but facing some issues with the PP splitter.

The non PP splitter has 4 little plastic tabs that slide over the painted bumper area sections.
The PP splitter has 5 much larger long tabs. Are these supposed to go over the painted bumper area as well?

I can't slide them over as the lower grill piece is in the way and those 5 tabs are super tight. The PP splitter is made out of 2 parts and those also function to keep both together.

How did you do this?

20240629_152751-1.jpg
20240629_161610-1.jpg

1719671810440-lc.png

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
OK so I wasn't feeling like removing the whole bumper and removing the lower grill insert so I cut the plastic bottom part of the grill that was in the way. Didn't seem to be that important as some aftermarket grilles don't have it and I think the GT doesn't have it either.

I still can't really seem to slide the splitter tabs over the painted bumper, they are really clamping tight , any ideas without removing the bumper?

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Heat the tabs up so they flex more. when they are warm, you can spread them part with a screw driver. or spray the edge of the bumper with some silicone lubricate of choice.

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
Heat the tabs up so they flex more. when they are warm, you can spread them part with a screw driver. or spray the edge of the bumper with some silicone lubricate of choice.
There are these metal u nuts which are pushing the splitter down, while pushing on these it pushes the painted area even further up.

I figured the only option would be to remove the bumper, remove the lower grille, and try to force the tabs on the bumper. Even then it would be difficult and a lot of work.

I ended up cutting off the 5 tabs on the new splitter. Lots of aftermarket splitters don't have these so it probably isn't that important. The splitter is secured with a lot of screws anyway.

So for anyone doing this in the future, don't cut off the lower grill piece that's in the way, just cut off the 5 tabs on the splitter itself or try by removing the bumper.
Sponsored