Sponsored

Got my 2016 Last Night

aschueler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, PP, 401a, MT, Guard, Ebony Int.
So after waiting for months and months, I was able pick up my new 2016 GT last night after what seemed like an eternity at the dealership.

I was able to get another $2,000 off X plan pricing, so I feel like it was worth waiting for. So having drove this thing for one day now, here are my first thoughts. No pics yet, deal with it.

1. Quality/alignment: Please don't kill me but mine is awesome. All panels look fine, leather is good, I don't see any issues at all.

2. SYNC3: Works great, light touch, drag to scroll, very intuitive and quick. However lists bands with "the" in the title as "the", like "The Rolling Stones" is alphabetized under "the" and not "Rolling".

3. Power/accleration: can't quite tell as not broken in yet, but it feels similar to the BMW 135 I had, which was fun as heck. Not quite the same as that was turbo, but not much slower if at all. Handling is reasonable. but the power steering is a little too much power, esp at slow speeds. Haven't really been able to appreciate some turns etc. Brakes are bitey.

4. 3.73 gears plus MT plus traffic: it's fine. Without traffic it's quite fun. The shifts are notchy but seem smoother with sport mode.

5. clutch: not so bad, maybe I will dump the assist spring maybe not; getting used to it.

6. Stereo: 401a pack has been much maligned. While not superb, it's good. It is hard to balance with tuning and an equalizer would have helped

7. Seats-- very comfy. Cooling seats get my back cool, but today wasn't very hot so unsure if they will get hot on the back like a lot of people have complained about

8. Overall this a as fun as it gets. When driving normally, the acceleration SOUNDS like I am getting into trouble. Quite happy.
Sponsored

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So after waiting for months and months, I was able pick up my new 2016 GT last night after what seemed like an eternity at the dealership.

I was able to get another $2,000 off X plan pricing, so I feel like it was worth waiting for. So having drove this thing for one day now, here are my first thoughts. No pics yet, deal with it.

1. Quality/alignment: Please don't kill me but mine is awesome. All panels look fine, leather is good, I don't see any issues at all.

2. SYNC3: Works great, light touch, drag to scroll, very intuitive and quick. However lists bands with "the" in the title as "the", like "The Rolling Stones" is alphabetized under "the" and not "Rolling".

3. Power/accleration: can't quite tell as not broken in yet, but it feels similar to the BMW 135 I had, which was fun as heck. Not quite the same as that was turbo, but not much slower if at all. Handling is reasonable. but the power steering is a little too much power, esp at slow speeds. Haven't really been able to appreciate some turns etc. Brakes are bitey.

4. 3.73 gears plus MT plus traffic: it's fine. Without traffic it's quite fun. The shifts are notchy but seem smoother with sport mode.

5. clutch: not so bad, maybe I will dump the assist spring maybe not; getting used to it.

6. Stereo: 401a pack has been much maligned. While not superb, it's good. It is hard to balance with tuning and an equalizer would have helped

7. Seats-- very comfy. Cooling seats get my back cool, but today wasn't very hot so unsure if they will get hot on the back like a lot of people have complained about

8. Overall this a as fun as it gets. When driving normally, the acceleration SOUNDS like I am getting into trouble. Quite happy.
Have you changed the power steering settings in the menu? As for sport mode, it doesnt effect your shifts in any way.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Thread is useless without pics :) congrats :)

skeeter

MAGA
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bradford
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP TY
motor comes alive @1,200 miles.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Congtats! Me and a bunch of others members are expecting ours next week.

Sponsored

S5fiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Squirtle
Vehicle(s)
16' Mustang Ecoboost *Magnetic* Prem.
Yup, there are a bunch of us here on the West coast who are 1 week away from picking up their cars. Congrats man! Post some pics!

OP
OP

aschueler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, PP, 401a, MT, Guard, Ebony Int.
Have you changed the power steering settings in the menu? As for sport mode, it doesnt effect your shifts in any way.
Yes, sport mode steering is better.

As far as shifting, maybe I am getting more used to it or it's a break in issue

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
No pics? :( :p
Do you think the extra low end of the 3.73s will help you in traffic? When I test drove the 3.31 i had to step on it a bit more than I thought I would to keep up with traffic, but maybe it's just the accelerator pedal needs more input.

Sponsored

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Congrats! Now get some pics up! LOL

Dave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
No pics? :( :p
Do you think the extra low end of the 3.73s will help you in traffic? When I test drove the 3.31 i had to step on it a bit more than I thought I would to keep up with traffic, but maybe it's just the accelerator pedal needs more input.
The car will have no trouble keeping up with traffic with any rearend ratio; but the gas pedal is actually very proportional, not like a lot of cars you might drive where the first 1/4" of gas pedal is 50% of the available power.

Yes, sport mode steering is better.
I leave mine on Sport mode 100% of the time, it feels more like what the car should have to begin with.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)

Just kidding!

Congrats on the new baby. Sounds like you got a steal of a deal too!

FYI an MGW shifter will clean that shifting right up! For me, the best part of the shifter swap is that all it takes to shift is a flick of your fingers! Soooo much easier than my 40th anny GT was!

As for the performance, our level 1 performance pack will wake that beast in waiting up in a major way...that is if you really needed another reason to speed LOL.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
motor comes alive @1,200 miles.
True! But my entire car felt much better around 5000 miles. Trans, suspension and engine working together.

..........Or I finally learned to drive it like take out was in the front seat and the family is sitting around the table.
Sponsored