OP

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
93 VW Corrado, 71 Porsche 911
Well no one can get connecting rod bolts. I’ll try one more local dealer but even called accessories.ford.com and they couldn’t help either.
looks like ford has the main cap bolts but not APR and MMR have both main cap and cam cap bolts. No one has connecting rod bolts.

also ordered 2 uoa kits from AMSOIL since someone on here said Blackstock has a backlog
Sponsored

Brooski1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Well no one can get connecting rod bolts. I’ll try one more local dealer but even called accessories.ford.com and they couldn’t help either.
looks like ford has the main cap bolts but not APR and MMR have both main cap and cam cap bolts. No one has connecting rod bolts.

also ordered 2 uoa kits from AMSOIL since someone on here said Blackstock has a backlog
Blackstone delay is confirmed. I'm at 3 weeks waiting for results.

OP
OP

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
AMSOIL uses a company called Polaris.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Blackstone delay is confirmed. I'm at 3 weeks waiting for results.
It took me about 3 weeks to get mine from Aprill 11th sent to May 3rd received. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

OP
OP

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
Ford calls the cam cap bolts exactly that cam cap bolts, but ARP calls them cam tower bolts. Anyone know if they are the same thing?

TeamGomez

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.centripetalsolutions.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'18 350, 996 GT-3, 330 ZHP, E46 M3, SQ5, Tundra
Damn sorry to read about the drama associated with the new mistress though I applaud your measured approach to determining if somebody just dumped a can of stripper glitter in or if you in fact are about to have relations with a cherry picker to get your VooDoo qual setting cam timing after going thru everything.

Shocked to see no rod bolts available. Just checked ARP and can't believe they haven't released their kit yet (although I decided to go OEM on an S54 M3 lower end after learning a bit about how the differences btwn ARP torque and stage/TTY on factory stuff can yield an out of round rod end assembly...but I'm sure setting torque with a stretch gauge on ARP hardware is best. YMMV).

Watching this in hopes your 'worst case' does not come to fruition for you.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Ford calls the cam cap bolts exactly that cam cap bolts, but ARP calls them cam tower bolts. Anyone know if they are the same thing?
Those are the correct ARP bolts. I use them in my build

Sponsored
OP
OP

DFERA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
Should I be concerned about not being able to pull the connecting rod cap? Depending on what I find with the main bearings?
I guess if the main bearings look okay then odds are the connecting rods are good too?

TeamGomez

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.centripetalsolutions.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'18 350, 996 GT-3, 330 ZHP, E46 M3, SQ5, Tundra
Should I be concerned about not being able to pull the connecting rod cap? Depending on what I find with the main bearings?
I guess if the main bearings look okay then odds are the connecting rods are good too?
Preface my $.02 with absolutely zero understanding of the oiling properties in the 5.2. It can depend on feed (which bearing gets the first hit of lube). I'd imagine the rod bearings get the most abuse due to their torque generation upon combustion and would be first to wear with contamination.

But given the absolute zero stock on rod bolts, I'd be inclined to check the mains first then decide on path forward after you verify condition. It'd be a shame to have your ride unnecessarily tagged out awaiting parts.

Hope there's a 5.2 Yoda around these parts who can verify oil feed (i.e. which bearing dies first) to help get your steed cleared for 8,250 RPM sooner rather than later.

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Very sorry to hear about your troubles OP, but just wanted to note something as a passive observer of this thread…

There’s plenty of recent instances on here where folks (me included) have gotten heated over some menial BS, but moments like this are clear proof of the value of this community. Bunch of members banding together with incredibly helpful info in rapid succession to help a new owner in need…awesome to see, and exactly what this place is about.

Best of luck OP, rooting for you!
Sponsored