Sponsored

Front end bugs. help!

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Yeah, and then say goodbye to any wax or sealant on your car. Lol

There are plenty of safer alternatives to use on your finish.
No, try it before you say that, it only attacks organic matters
Sponsored

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Detail it to remove all you can then PPF. Nothing sticks on. Cleaning is a breeze
I dunno man i have PPF front end with ceramic coating and bugs still stick, requiring a chemical.

My wife's same, but iirc it WAS better after it was first installed than after a few years.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Very hot water.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
The single most important thing to consider when it comes to bugs is to remove them ASAP. The longer they are on the paint, the harder they are to remove and the higher likelihood they will etch into the clearcoat. In some cases where they have etched, even polishing won't remove the damage left behind. So, stay on top of it.

From what I have noticed, bug removers from reputable detailing brands are mostly the same thing. I lean towards Carpro Bug Out, but P&S Bug Off, Poorboys Bug Squash and Gtechniq W8 works just as well.

CARPRO Bug-Out Insect Removal 500ml (17 oz) (carpro-us.com)
Gtechniq - W8 Bug Remover | The Rag Company
P&S Detail Products - Bug Off Insect Remover | The Rag Company

In most cases, you apply these chemicals prior to washing, allow to soak but not dry, then hose off. If the bugs remain, reapply and use something like the Jersey Bug Scrubber below -

Jersey Bug Scrubber Pad | The Rag Company

OP
OP
67go

67go

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
tacoma, mazdacx5, 22 Mustang GT Rapid Red
I admit it! I didn't get on it fast enough. Had prostate removed and then heart surgery etc etc etc etc etc etc . Getting old sucks but man does this car move!😵 Gonna try a very hot soapy large towel over the front end and get some turtle wax bug remover :devil: and if that doesn't work then water melon juice or gasoline and knife. 😂 I got some spray bug remover from the 70's left over but has ingredients to remove paint I think. I'll go easy and I might try the hydrogen peroxide.
CARPRO Bug-Out Insect Removal 500ml (17 oz) looks good too.

Wish me luck experts and thanks for all the help people time to getter done.

Last edited:

S550HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 HPP Vert
I like this one! Normally on my PPF I use the car wash presoak or Dawn / Water mix spray, or polish by hand...all of which surely remove some or all the ceramic coating.

Best just to wash asap, otherwise use the fastest cleaner and reapply the way or other coating, which does help getting the bugs off in the first place.

I did have a huge bird dropping land on my PPF hood that has some rain water on it, and it etched a 3 sq in blemish. I think some hot water will smooth it but have to re coat the hood PPF now.

DansFLHTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, 24 Tacoma, 14 HD SG.
A friend of mine uses spray nine on his old beater and one of those small sponges with the plastic mesh on it.....bugs come off easily. I scared to try it on any of my vehicles.

Sponsored

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Ok. So I should of paid more attention. Anyway, I have tiny bits of bug pcs (superglued) to front end after wash and wash again!
Don't like taking off with fingernail! Any suggestions?
Are you in Florida? Are they love bugs? If so, after 24 hours there is nothing you can do. They literally eat your paint and clear coat after 24+ hours.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
WD40 works too. Spritz it directly on the area and let sit a few mins;, spritz some on a microfiber and start in a circular motion over the affected area; they’ll start to come off. Wash the area, dry and apply your fav polish or wax. Done.

WD40 won’t affect clear coats or paint.

Of you’re drag racer, apply WD40 to the rear 1/4 lower bumper area behind the rear wheels to prevent rubber build up and sticking - after track, go rinse…

Last edited:

Unbridled5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT
Meguire's polishing compound, and a soft foam pad on an RO polisher. Even lovebugs come off. A thick coat of carnuba based wax helps immensly.
Carnuaba looks great on cars that never see the light of day, but it's flash point is only around 150°F. So, as soon as the sun heats up the clearcoat, it's already giving up the ghost. Id stick with synthetics on cars that live in the real world. Jmo

Unbridled5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT
Best just to wash asap, otherwise use the fastest cleaner and reapply the way or other coating, which does help getting the bugs off in the first place.
Bingo. That's why I recommended citrol. The high concentration of citrus will do all the work so you don't have to whoop up on the clearcoat with abrasive pads or polishing techniques. What's easier than wiping with a microfiber?