Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Headless Horseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks for your response. I asked because I'm considering the calibration kit. But wanted to keep the components for a new tune later after my warranty expires. I'm looking at the STEEDA 3 inch cat back exhaust system which is supposed to be good for approx 20 to 22hp. I would love to stack those for gains if possible.
I had the kit on my car. It's not worth the price. Especially after I went with my upgrades. Everything in that kit is pretty much obsolete at this point. The cold air intake sent my IAT through the roof. The Throttle Body,,,...meh! The Procal tool I still use!!! As @AZ18yote said, it's a wonderful tune for someone planning on not doing anything but keeping it stock. I will say it should've came that way from the factory with this tune, but that would've stepped on Mach1 and Bullit toes.
Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I agree about it said and done, but just like those who wanted to keep warranty and smog etc and not dismantle it when done, but have option to just switch over to custom tune and then back for smog etc. also looks nice in the engine bay vs stock, and glad my hood does imprint over the cai applying a decent seal, It works well with my borla cat back on sound behavior along with improved mpg, bump in low end tq, smoother a10 shifting.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I had the kit on my car. It's not worth the price. Especially after I went with my upgrades. Everything in that kit is pretty much obsolete at this point. The cold air intake sent my IAT through the roof. The Throttle Body,,,...meh! The Procal tool I still use!!! As @AZ18yote said, it's a wonderful tune for someone planning on not doing anything but keeping it stock. I will say it should've came that way from the factory with this tune, but that would've stepped on Mach1 and Bullit toes.
The procal is useful imo even though I gave up on the tune. You can set wheel size and gearing even on the stock tune plus crank relearn and some other useful service functions.

But yeah, unless this is 1 and done you're better off just getting a custom tune from the get go.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I got lucky with the overall benefits of this so I may just stay NA and stick to this for good and just add more handling tweaks.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
I decided to keep my 1200 and put it towards an ESS. Hopefully will be my winter project.

Headless Horseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I decided to keep my 1200 and put it towards an ESS. Hopefully will be my winter project.
A very, very, smart move!
Sponsored