Sponsored

Ecoboost Manual Hold/Recall??

Ecoboost

Threads
Reaction score
Greetings!!

For the past 3 weeks the Mustang Ecoboost (manual transmission) model is on "HOLD" at a regional storage facility, California / West Coast; including the vehicle I reserved from dealer stock.

I contacted numerous dealers in the Northern and Central California region, and all mentioned the "HOLD" without further explanation. Any other regions experiencing similar "HOLD"?

Anyone aware of a "HOLD" or "RECALL" for Ecoboost models? Did Ford issue a recall? I noticed numerous development vehicles in the Ecoboost sub-forum are automatics as well; maybe 1 or 2 manual transmission versions.
Sponsored

C.Fair23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I haven't heard anything about a hold, but that would explain why my car went from in transit back to awaiting shipment and my EDD and countdown disappeared. I talked to my dealer and ford service and they both said my cars EDD is TBD :frusty:

I ordered a manual ecoboost, retail, build date of 10/21.

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
Manual ecoboost here too. In transit since 10/23. Counter has dropped everyday as if its on the way. 8 days left. Fingers crossed.

Sent from LG G2

MixTape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost PP
EcoBoost Auto here that's on plant hold, not sure if it's waiting for a truck or something related to a recall. However at the same time I was allowed to drive an EcoBoost a few days ago at the dealer so I don't know what might be the issue if they're still allowed to sell. My guess is it's not a recall but a shipping issue, there's been talk about shipping companies snubbing automakers and some strikes in certain areas? I'm not 100% on this info but it's what I'm hearing from my dealer and others on the forum.

OP
OP

Ecoboost

Threads
Reaction score
The vehicle I reserved, arrived and was unloaded from the train carrier. I tracked the vehicle before COTUS hid in-transit details.

Additionally the dealer where I secured the purchase from their stock, informed Ford placed a hold on West Coast vehicles. To validate or disprove the claim, I located secondary local dealers with manual Ecoboost vehicles in-transit; and they reported "hold" status too.

Three weeks now and no new details...

NC Ford replied in the California sub-forum and yesterday received two Ecoboost autos. Possibly the "hold" is narrowed to manual transmission Ecoboost models.

Regardless, Ford should provide details or realistic resolution time frame vs. attempting to hide the cause of the "hold" / "recall".

Sponsored

TheGeb

Threads
Reaction score
My Manual Ecoboost (Competition Orange) Cleared the production line Monday and is Awaiting Shipment. I can't believe this would have happened if there is a recall/major issue of some sort.

I'm east coast though....

MixTape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost PP
The vehicle I reserved, arrived and was unloaded from the train carrier. I tracked the vehicle before COTUS hid in-transit details.

Additionally the dealer where I secured the purchase from their stock, informed Ford placed a hold on West Coast vehicles. To validate or disprove the claim, I located secondary local dealers with manual Ecoboost vehicles in-transit; and they reported "hold" status too.

Three weeks now and no new details...

NC Ford replied in the California sub-forum and yesterday received two Ecoboost autos. Possibly the "hold" is narrowed to manual transmission Ecoboost models.

Regardless, Ford should provide details or realistic resolution time frame vs. attempting to hide the cause of the "hold" / "recall".
You mentioned California, could it possibly be an emissions thing? I know California has a different set of emissions regs

JayBomb97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Actually, an emissions thing might make sense from a catalytic converter point of view if the same supplier of the GT cats is also supplying the Eco cats. If your car was ordered/built to be California emissions legal then I would figure that your car would be involved with any emissions issues brought on by California laws, if there are any.

Mustang Convert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I have an Ecoboost Premium M/T on order. It's currently in production and had an ETA of 11/14, which was just pushed back to 11/20 the other day while it was in production. Not sure if that's possibly related to this hold.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
nope... most of orders.. pushed bk.. once in production even mine went ahead by a week

Sponsored

DBIMustang2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang

I have had a ecoboost auto on quality hold for two weeks. Last known it was sitting on a railcar in my homestate. Very little details since then.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
wen did u order adn wat was ur build date

OP
OP

Ecoboost

Threads
Reaction score
User "Patrick S" provided insight towards an emissions or other government hold. However "Auto tranny" Ecoboosts were recently delivered to NC Ford in Southern California.

I do not know the scope of emission component variations between an "auto" and a "manual" model. I would assume same components...

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
yeaa. even i was readin same article...just now..its wierd

DBIMustang2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang

I ordered in June. My build date was end of Sept and shipped end of Sept. Been in In Transit state for over a month.
Sponsored