Eco Boost Intake manifold dilemma

Vell !

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
vellen
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost mustang
so I recently got an intake manifold from EMS for my 2019 Eco boost. and its not originally made for the Eco boost but EMS sells a kit containing an adapter for it, I haven't seen much talk about it let alone intake manifolds for the eco boost but what I'm trying to know is if I wasted my money or not, I'm not sure if its an upgrade from the stock intake manifold but it sure is a lot heavier, I'm worried that I added all that extra weight for close to no hp gains. does anyone have some input on this ?
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
so I recently got an intake manifold from EMS for my 2019 Eco boost. and its not originally made for the Eco boost but EMS sells a kit containing an adapter for it
surely the vendor would have provided a datasheet "proving" their overpriced product actually does something in addition to lightening your wallet?

There are a zillion EB mods with actual, public no less, track record that address the KNOWN problems with the EB. An intake manifold is so far down the TODO list, why did you even go there?

The director notes from Fast and Furious should not be consulted as a tuning guide. :)

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Does the car run? I'm very surprised that it doesn't require a tune update.

Its a pressurized intake, so manifold design isn't as important as it is on a naturally aspirated engine. It probably does something, but you may have just lightened your wallet for not much gain :crying:

looks nice though so eh its probably ok lol

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
OP
OP
Vell !

Vell !

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
vellen
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost mustang
I should add, the current mods I have are

MBRP race cat back exhaust
Cvfab 3” inch downpipe
Roush cai (closed box)
cvfab charge pipes
Cvfab race intercooler
Turbosmart shortie bov
JLT catchcan

From what I can see it looks like the manifold should wait ? I could go for the drop in nx2 turbo next

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
From what I can see it looks like the manifold should wait ? I could go for the drop in nx2 turbo next
that's not the worst idea, no.

But you're dumping a lot of $$$ and for what goal? So far you don't appear to have addressed any of the myriad chassis/handling issues with the Mustang. Is this a simple point and shoot car? Who is doing your tuning?

Per the product page: " Tuned for maximum horsepower at 8k RPM, "
https://emsinc-tn.com/product/evoboost-intake-manifold-kit/

you do realize the EB doesn't even get to 7K rpm, let alone 8 and it falls HARD on its face before getting even to 6.

did you get the port-injection kit?

If you can get your money back, I sure would.

OP
OP
Vell !

Vell !

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
vellen
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost mustang
that's not the worst idea, no.

But you're dumping a lot of $$$ and for what goal? So far you don't appear to have addressed any of the myriad chassis/handling issues with the Mustang. Is this a simple point and shoot car? Who is doing your tuning?

Per the product page: " Tuned for maximum horsepower at 8k RPM, "
https://emsinc-tn.com/product/evoboost-intake-manifold-kit/

you do realize the EB doesn't even get to 7K rpm, let alone 8 and it falls HARD on its face before getting even to 6.

did you get the port-injection kit?

If you can get your money back, I sure would.
The end goal is a track car that I can take to the track and to my campus as I’m still in college, for now I’m trying to get to 380-400whp before I stop upgrading the engine and focus on handling and aero.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'm not an eco boost person but if it runs out of cam at 6000 that manifold is nothing more than a paper weight. A very expensive paper weight.
The end goal is a track car that I can take to the track and to my campus
What kind of track? Drags, road?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The end goal is a track car that I can take to the track and to my campus as I’m still in college, for now I’m trying to get to 380-400whp before I stop upgrading the engine and focus on handling and aero.
don't worry. Some old guy in a miata making half the HP will blow your doors off on any road circuit.

If you're gonna keep throwing money away, at least upgrade your fuel system so you can run E85. That's where the real (attainable) power is. The rest is just posing under the F&F banner.

OP
OP
Vell !

Vell !

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
vellen
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost mustang
don't worry. Some old guy in a miata making half the HP will blow your doors off on any road circuit.

If you're gonna keep throwing money away, at least upgrade your fuel system so you can run E85. That's where the real (attainable) power is. The rest is just posing under the F&F banner.
Yeah e85 is definitely the next upgrade I’m doing if I’m not gonna go down the nx2 route next, I’m not going for any world records here just a track car I can have fun in but that isn’t any slouch either, but nonetheless thanks for the input, cheers !

Sponsored

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah e85 is definitely the next upgrade I’m doing if I’m not gonna go down the nx2 route next, I’m not going for any world records here just a track car I can have fun in but that isn’t any slouch either, but nonetheless thanks for the input, cheers !
You should always address handling, chassis, and driver before adding power. Please check out the HPDE/Roadcourse area of the forum, specifically around the SCCA CAMC https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/scca-cam-c-thread.59737/.

There is where you will find a myriad of information on what you need first and foremost to at least enjoy the car on autocross/track (hint: its not power yet!).
If you have any questions, feel free to @ me, I respond pretty fast, sometimes instantaneously. I can pass on everything I learned from these gentlemen in regards to building what I would deem in your case a weekender.

:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Vell !

Vell !

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
vellen
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost mustang
You should always address handling, chassis, and driver before adding power. Please check out the HPDE/Roadcourse area of the forum, specifically around the SCCA CAMC https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/scca-cam-c-thread.59737/.

There is where you will find a myriad of information on what you need first and foremost to at least enjoy the car on autocross/track (hint: its not power yet!).
If you have any questions, feel free to @ me, I respond pretty fast, sometimes instantaneously. I can pass on everything I learned from these gentlemen in regards to building what I would deem in your case a weekender.

:thumbsup:
I really appreciate it I’ll definitely let you know if I have any questions !
Sponsored