Well played officer, well played !
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Great pit and take down.

Everyone is getting sick and tired of the hoodlums and their GD “take overs” by shutting down intersections, shutting down streets, shutting down highways, causing traffic back ups, impeding law enforcement or emergency vehicles from getting through, and causing mayhem.

FL just passed a new law where it’s now a felony to do that shit. Here’s what the new FL legislation enacted:
  • Those who participate in a street takeover involving 10 or more cars (also known as a “coordinated street takeover”), will be charged with a felony and fined between $2,500 to $4,000.
  • Those who obstruct a police or fire vehicle responding to an emergency while racing, taking over a street or stunt driving, will be charged with a felony and have their driver’s license revoked for four years for any second or subsequent violation.
  • Police can seize vehicles for forfeiture when the violation is a felony and the license will be revoked for two years. Spectators will also be charged with non-criminal traffic infractions and fined $400.
  • Any car used in a misdemeanor violation can be impounded for 30 business days, whether or not the person arrested is the registered owner of the vehicle.
IMO, more States need to implement the same or similar laws.

Joshinator99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2017 Camaro 2SS
Great pit and take down.

Everyone is getting sick and tired of the hoodlums and their GD “take overs” by shutting down intersections, shutting down streets, shutting down highways, causing traffic back ups, impeding law enforcement or emergency vehicles from getting through, and causing mayhem.

FL just passed a new law where it’s now a felony to do that shit. Here’s what the new FL legislation enacted:

IMO, more States need to implement the same or similar laws.
Agree with all except CIVIL ASSET FORFEITURE. This is wrong and is supposed to be illegal. Fines, jail, loss of license are all on the table. But CAF is 3rd world bullshit.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Agree with all except CIVIL ASSET FORFEITURE.
Nah.. in this instance (street takeover), they wanna act like clowns, take there shit away. Let em explain to the bank of mom & dad on what happened.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Good, fuck those "takeover" clowns, them and the rolling coal turds are killing the car culture. Making everyone hate us.

Sponsored

Joshinator99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Nah.. in this instance (street takeover), they wanna act like clowns, take there shit away. Let em explain to the bank of mom & dad on what happened.
So if a random cop decides your occasional quick WOT burst on a wide open highway run is reckless, you’re ok losing your car…? Serious question. Laws like that can take a very ugly turn when the guy enforcing it is having a bad day…

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
So if a random cop decides your occasional quick WOT burst on a wide open highway run is reckless, you’re ok losing your car…? Serious question. Laws like that can take a very ugly turn when the guy enforcing it is having a bad day…

In CA the 30 day impound usually does the trick. Towing fees, 30 day storage fee, plus you need a current registration, license and insurance to get the car back. That usually dissuades the sideshow spectators, assuming the jurisdiction has a spectator ordinance. The promoters and swingers, that's a different problem since most of their cars are 10851. They just walk away.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Look closely at the vid again.. some dude was hit by the truck after the driver seen the cop and was trying to get away. If if would have pulled over right away, he'd would have avoided all that. When I got caught red handed drag racing I pulled over to take my licks. Was honest. Cop let me go, no tickets.

Your actions dictates what happens to you.

Joshinator99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Look closely at the vid again.. some dude was hit by the truck after the driver seen the cop and was trying to get away. If if would have pulled over right away, he'd would have avoided all that. When I got caught red handed drag racing I pulled over to take my licks. Was honest. Cop let me go, no tickets.

Your actions dictates what happens to you.
Totally agree, but admit that if your cop decided to drop the hammer on you, you might be singing a much different tune.

As far as the driver hitting someone, he’s looking at a lengthy jail sentence for sure… he deserves to have the book thrown at him.

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
For some of these drivers, seizure is probably the primary...if not the only deterrent. The intent of laws such as FL's recent one, is NOT to seize vehicles, but to prevent vehicle anarchy which endangers lives. Our vehicles can become weapons in a split second. Statics bear that out.

The bystanders (the willingly participating cheering section) in the OP's linked video were VERY, VERY fortunate to have walked/hobbled away.

The driver was only interested in himself, and when the cop arrived his interest went from being the center of attention, to an interest in self preservation at all costs, even if the cost could be lives of others.

Folks who willingly watched the "show" were contributors to the anarchy. Fatalities have occurred numerous times in such events across our nation and often deterrents to protect us from ourselves are needed. Such is the hope with FL's law...not to seize property, Period.

I've done some dumb things in my 71 years and thankfully learned from my mistakes, and mistakes of others. As we mature, we see such laws as legal deterrents against repeating such foolish mistakes for our own good.
Sponsored