Sponsored

Does anyone have experience with this service manual?

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I'm not familiar with the inexpensive ones you speak of. They remind me of the Chilton's manuals of years past. Many of the "wrenchers" on this forum would probably use them as a starting point at best. Frankly, I've been totally impressed with the tech knowledge and skills on our site shared by many who provide free of charge, information in word, and use of awesome pic details. A little searching is needed, and if you diligently search but don't find the answer, ask.

I've been purchasing Helms manuals for decades (since buying my first car in 1970, a 1968 Torino GT 390) but now Helms only offers manuals on DVD disc. Those DVD manuals sold by Helms are woefully lacking compared to the multi-volume paper bound versions of years past. I wouldn't attempt an engine rebuild or diff lock rebuild using the DVD's as I did using the awesome Helm's paper manuals. Helms DVD graphics and content basically a step above Chilton's anymore....except that the schematics are easier to search and follow using the DVD. As for tactile use of paper manuals versus DVD's it is definitely easier to scroll on my laptop through the manuals than flipping pages with greasy hands. But then I may have to clean my keyboard after the job is done. šŸ˜Š

The pricey Motorcraft ones linked to above are probably much better than Helms but most folks that are moderate shade tree or home garage mechanics would have a very hard time justifying their cost, as that is an annual subscription, not something you get to have and hold for the lifetime of your vehicle...hmmmm...lifetime may be a bit vague in definition, depending on several factors. šŸ˜Æ

Sponsored

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
Is this an official Ford manual?
I donā€™t think itā€™s an official manual but a reproduction of it. I have the Helms manual as well. Comparing the two it looks like they are identical except for some differences in formatting.

The Helms manual is good except for having to use a dvd reader.

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
Going back to EFIā€™s response, donā€™t dismiss that right off. I believe you can get a 72 hour subscription for the $22 he quoted. Then download everything during those 3 days. Takes a bit of work but may be worth it.

Search the forums to see what experiences others have had with that route.

jonesy67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
V6
I got the PDF version of my GT2020 owner's manual from CarManuals.org. They had a wide selection of manuals for different car models, including the latest ones for the United States. It's a reliable site for downloading comprehensive manuals.
Sponsored