Sponsored

Cure for the "Tic"?

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Zero Options, Orange Fury)
Flashforward to whenever you sell the car and youre on the receiving end of the stick.😂 My plan is mix the oil with liquid rubber and tell carvana to hurry the hell up.
For sure there will be reckoning, but the truth is I paid so little it doesn't even matter. I regularly see Mustang GTs with double the mileage and in far worse cosmetic condition going for 6 to 8k more than what I paid. Equivalent mileage going for 10 to 15k more. For once in my life, I got a deal (assuming it doesn't blow up). In a previous life I worked for years in a high end paint and body shop and it definitely hasn't been wrecked, I went over it with a fine tooth comb at my house on my quick jacks pre purchase.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I personally believe it was because it the 2k rattle with BBQ tick (a two-fer, lol). I used the length of time and the noises as a negotiating tactic and scored a very nice deal.
You should have taken the high road and told the dealer "They all do that" and then paid full pop. :) My car has the rattle in spades but after nearly 5 years sounds the same and runs like a champ.

OP
OP
Racin4ds

Racin4ds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You guys ever hear of Pro Lube or Rev-X additives? I'd almost bet money either of them would help those of you with noisy Coyotes...

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
Tick?!?! What tick?? If an engine is ticking in any way the engine will explode in a ball of fire!!! Take it to the dealer and demand a full refund and engine replacement 😂😂

P.S. It’s a joke!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
5 quarts of Valvoline Full syn 5W30
3 quarts of Valvoline VR1 race oil 5W50 (high in zinc and moly)
So, for those of us with the Gen3 Coyote (10 quarts), is the remaining 2 quarts like a boxed soup recipe? Just add water and tada! 🤣. Sorry, couldn’t resist.

FWIW, I use Motorcraft 5w30 full synthetic. It ticks a little but it’s not terrible and I only hear it in the garage or up against a drive thru wall. Embrace the tick, they all do it!

Sponsored

Cheatham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, Iconic Silver, Perf.Pack. 6 spd
I use Driven, 5w20, and now 5w50 due to the super charger.

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT California Special
What CATs? :)
The things people try to steal to make a quick buck, really those folks just do everyone the favor of making our engines sound better
Sponsored