cheap grippy tires

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
looking for some "cheap" grippy tires to corner in. the car will be driven on the street as well. 700whp car. i know most people like the r888r but i just cant justify spending close to $800 for a rear set when theyll last 6k miles or less. i has ps4s tires and they corner good but they just cant keep the power down when your full throttle in lower gears. have 20 inch wheels so i know itll limit me on options butnim just looking for something thatll help my need and not spend a fortune on
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
GY Supercar 3R. Use your USAA discount. And hope it doesn't rain.

Unfortunately you made the mistake of 20" wheels so you can't use things like the Kuhmo v730.
And if you're whining about not wanting to spend $400 each for some tires every 6 months sell the super-charger already. You clearly failed the "pay to play" test.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Typically you get what you pay for. Matt is a fan of the GY SC3/R, I don’t have experience with those but he has more sets of tires than I have underwear so take his word for it on those.

R888R are good as are Nitto Rii by those that have them (not to be confused with the G2 which are absolutely god awful tires). Michelin Sport Cup2 is another option. There is an R version as well, not sure if they come in 20’s though.

Continental Extreme Contact Force is a good track tire but the sizes are extremely limited. There’s a few folks that like the Falken Azenis RT660, I don’t have experience with their performance tires. Their all seasons are ok, not the best but not the worst. So they might be a good good budget option for you.

But as Matt said, the 20” size will limit your options (I have 20’s so this I know as well).

OP
OP

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Typically you get what you pay for. Matt is a fan of the GY SC3/R, I don’t have experience with those but he has more sets of tires than I have underwear so take his word for it on those.

R888R are good as are Nitto Rii by those that have them (not to be confused with the G2 which are absolutely god awful tires). Michelin Sport Cup2 is another option. There is an R version as well, not sure if they come in 20’s though.

Continental Extreme Contact Force is a good track tire but the sizes are extremely limited. There’s a few folks that like the Falken Azenis RT660, I don’t have experience with their performance tires. Their all seasons are ok, not the best but not the worst. So they might be a good good budget option for you.

But as Matt said, the 20” size will limit your options (I have 20’s so this I know as well).
thank you for all the info! what set do you run?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
thank you for all the info! what set do you run?
I run Continental Extreme Contact Sport. Roush uses them on their cars but I’m not sure how well they’d hold up to 700whp. Probably spin city

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Unfortunately with tires “cheap” and “good” don’t exist in the same sentence.

HOWEVER, Michelin is currently running a promotion where you get $80 back if you spend more than $900 (very easy to do lol).

Also the SC2R has a lot of sizes in 20” as it’s made for many late model high end sports cars.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
looking for some "cheap" grippy tires to corner in. the car will be driven on the street as well. 700whp car. i know most people like the r888r but i just cant justify spending close to $800 for a rear set when theyll last 6k miles or less. i has ps4s tires and they corner good but they just cant keep the power down when your full throttle in lower gears. have 20 inch wheels so i know itll limit me on options butnim just looking for something thatll help my need and not spend a fortune on
I don't think Cheap and Grippy go together. You get what you pay for.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I don't think Cheap and Grippy go together. You get what you pay for.
Yes if only we had cheap sticky 100 tw tires that could last like 5k miles and didn't kill you as soon as you touched a wet road.

There are okay options in the $400 range that last like 6-7k miles.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think Cheap and Grippy go together.
Cheap-ish and Grippy would be Firestone Firehawk Indy 500.
EXCELLENT in the wet.

Midwestracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt whipple
I run 20s on my street setup and am 800+ whp and the auttro az850 works good coming from the 888r I like them

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Cheap-ish and Grippy would be Firestone Firehawk Indy 500.
EXCELLENT in the wet.
I had to immediately replace my Firestone INDY 500 rear 325/30/19 after I installed all of my mods and were absolutely DANGEROUS. It was like driving on ice.

Midwestracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt whipple
They work just as good as my 888rs did from a roll and don't kill me in the rain

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Only one thing I can say... bullshite.
You absolutely have no clue what you are even talking about. I guess your one of those people who call people liers without "One Shread of Facts". Showing what they have said is faulse. LOL
Sponsored